Blower on strike :(

Haha - I just couldn't find the buzzer symbol (or indeed the oC one next to it) that you described, so I checked mine vs the photo on the box and then flipped through the manual til I found the key of symbols vs functions. :)

Will give it a go in the morning and let you know...

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
On the yellow plug with the 3 wires, pull the plug out and connect the probes to the now visible connections that the 2 thick wires would normally connect to.

Don't want to critisise, but to go directly onto the motor it may be better on the black connector itself, bypassing the speed control electronics. There'll be all sorts of diodes, transistors, resistors that could throw the reading out. From previous experience the probes will push into the black connector nicely.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Don't want to critisise, but to go directly onto the motor it may be better on the black connector itself, bypassing the speed control electronics. There'll be all sorts of diodes, transistors, resistors that could throw the reading out. From previous experience the probes will push into the black connector nicely.

Sorry, I got the plugs mixed up. I meant the black connector. I've never seen this in the flesh so I'm just going by the pics.

Do a continuity check on the 2 pins visible when the black connector is removed.

However I feel the diagnosis is going to be no 2 on your list

Unfortunately I've still not had time to look again at this (it was raining heavily when I had opportunity yesterday morning).

But I have another clue perhaps... when driving to work yesterday there was some bonfire smoke visible across the road ahead, so I pressed the recirculation button as is my habit in such situations. It wouldn't turn on. Every time you press it, it just flashes the red light for a fraction of a second and then goes off again.

I'll still try to test the fan as you suggest (hopefully Saturday morning), but does the knackered recirculation indicate that there's a bigger problem perhaps? :(

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I don't have much knowledge of how the climate system works, but perhaps it won't recirculate what isn't there - ie there isn't enough airflow to allow it to happen?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Just wanted to report back on this to close it off...

For the past two weeks I've not had chance to look at this again: either due to rain, snow, work commitments etc... and I was getting a bit fed up of freezing my nads off when sitting in heavy traffic (although it was just about warm enough when driving at speed).

So I bit the bullet and booked it in at the dealer. Long story short: they fixed it under warranty, no questions asked - the chap just handed me my key back. I'm thrilled to have a warm car back! :D

(But in my shock at not getting any sort of bill, I forgot to ask if I could keep the old part - sorry Coggie...) :shrug:

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
As a warrenty job they wouldn't have given it to you anyway, shouldn't worry too much though as a new motor and control unit is £300 IIRC, without any sort of diagnosis or fitting.