Blowing fuses for fun!

OffaShovel

Morning everyone,

Can anyone help with a little electrical problem I'm having with my LCR?

For the last few weeks my front/rear side lights fuse (5 amp) has been blowing no sooner than I've replaced it! I've not actually tampered with anything and thought initially it was just the bulbs going, causing it to blow!

Has anyone had similiar problems and got any ideas, before I hot foot it down to a garage and pay over the odds for my out of warranty LCR?

Cheers!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Two things I'd check. Are the bulbs themselves ok? Check each one on the circuit carefully. Secondly, is there any sign of water around the fuse box (i.e. any corrosion or water marks), or even around the bulb terminals.

After that I think I'd be talking to an auto electrictian for advice before a main dealer.

OffaShovel

Cheers for that mate. Its a bit weird because the rear side light and brake light share the same bulb, but the rear side light fuse went first causing the rear light to fail, now the opposite has happened, where the rear light is working, but the brake light isn't! I'll go and give it a once over, never even thought about the corrosion! Ta!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Can't remember which fuse (number) it was, but my heater/cruise fuse kept blowing and it was diagnosed as a short somewhere behind the dash.

Local auto electrician thought it had probably rubbed through on something but it was gonna cost a fortune to strip it all out so he just ran a by-pass to the heater controls

No more cruise control for me :(

Also, totally unrelated - my N/S number plate light never seemed to work - occasionally if you really slammed the tailgate it'd come on but the other night I noticed the O/S one had blown and now the N/S one (on it's own) works perfectly :confused:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.