Bluetooth information required

Windy

I've just finished installing an aftermarket bluetooth head unit into the daughters fiesta and to be honest now I feel a bit jealous:(

My facelift O9 1.4 sport has the steering wheel controls for the phone etc but having trawled through the search function I still have a few questions that perhaps some of you could answer please.

1 my facelift dash has the Msd/computer screen in the bottom left hand of the dash under the fuel level/ coolant temp gauges. Is this still the same if you have bluetooth installed as a factory option ( bear in mind this is a face lift model )

2 will all the required wiring be in place under the drivers seat for the bluetooth control unit or will i need to run cabling all the way to the dash area?/

3 Will any unit out of a writen off seat/audi/vw/skoda be the the same unit as I require ( may have a few options as I work in a place where write off's come in )

4 Will the mic wiring in the centre mirror/light area be in place or will it need run.

If anyone can answer these questions I'd be gratefull or if you have a faclift model with bluetooth then perhaps you could advise me on how it works on your car. Does the info come up on the MSD or does it come up on the radio fascia ( like the climate control info does??)

As usuall thanks in advance for your answers folks.

terrymcg

Apr 27, 2007
No wiring is in place mate for adding Bluetooth, although it is a very straight forward job! It does not sound like your car has the correct dash cluster for BT though, as you say its under the fuel and temp gauges, not full height in between them.

Where abouts in Scotland do you stay mate? If you are near West Lothian, I can let you see mine.

Terry

Windy

I'm up north of Aberdeen so a bit far away.

Is yours the facelift 2010 model?? this is where I need the questions answered really. All my aircon/climate info comes up on the radio readout panel in the centre of the dash also the car has the steering wheel with all the phone controls on it. Whicjh to me seems a bit bizzare on a car that would nee the clock/instrument cluster changed to have bluetooth. In my opinion it would be more reasonable or logical to have the bluetooth as a plug in unit which needs to be enabled with vagcom but uses the dash layout already fitted.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Full height display is not needed for it to work, you just won't see caller ID etc :) Simple enough to wire in but will need to code in via VAGCOM I believe, thought about it myself, the units can be had for about £120 all in. DANGB has an excellent guide on how to do it all, shouldn't be too much different for the facelift model :)

Danny.

terrymcg

Apr 27, 2007
So is it really useable without the display, how can you select someone to ring? Do you just have to physically scroll through the contacts on the phone?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
No, voice command can be set up with the use of VAGCOM which you need anyway and obviously your phone has to support voice dialling :) the Ibiza courtesy car I had worked very well, you basically store numbers in the cars memory as such, so you say there name, enter the number and it saves. Then you push the phone button and say the contacts name and it dials :)

Danny.

terrymcg

Apr 27, 2007
Yes I suppose that would work, however the voice control I found is pretty poor, especially if you are trying to tell it a number. I have a whole set up I have just taken out of my 56 plate as I have retrofitted my RNS 510 and Premium BT kit from my R32 I just sold. I have found the premium to be a lot better.

Windy

Mmm seems such a waste to fit a steering wheel with all the gubbins but then to need a differrent dash set up.

Still as I'm a Billy no mates:D:D then no one ever calls me anyway.:lol:

I'll just have to give it a miss then as I cannot be bothered changing everything just to keep up with the Kids:lol::lol: