Bluetooth Phone Book Issue

simonhodgson

I had some empty entries in the list (---------) like you describe, if I remember correctly they were contacts on my phone that had been synced with Outlook on my PC. They were contacts where I'd just put in a company name and no 'firstname' and/or 'surname', try dialling one of the ------- entries to see if it has a number associated with it.

Simon

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Well I've ordered the car now anyway, so Seat / Nokia have 3 months to find a solution to this! :)

Looking at Nokia's forums it's clear they're very aware of it, just clearly not doing anything about it.

Rob

Robdrums

"Bitchtits"
Feb 18, 2006
Surrey
Got this email from Nokia today. I have also emailed Seat on the same matter, but expect either nothing or as wooly a response as this back from them:

Dear Rob,

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

In response to your enquiry, we have tested our phones with accessories manufactured by Nokia. As such, I am unable to confirm the compatibility and operability between Nokia products and third party manufactured products.

I would recommend that you explore the compatible car kits for Nokia N95 and E50.

The compatible car kits for Nokia N95 are as listed below:

1) Nokia Bluetooth Display Car Kit CK-15W.
2) Nokia Multimedia Car Kit CK-20W (you may use the supported handsfree mode).
3) Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W (connection via bluetooth)

On the other hand, Nokia E50 is compatible with the following car kits:

1) Nokia Wireless Car Kit CK-1W.
2) Nokia Multimedia Car Kit CK-20W (you may use the supported handsfree and navigation modes).
3) Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W (connection via bluetooth).

With regard to a software, please note that there aren't any available to enable the compatibility between Nokia products and third party manufactured products.

However, I will certainly forward your feedback to the relevant department for future consideration.

Kind regards,

Bhanu
Nokia Care

So basically, don't hold your breath for a firmware update for the Nokia Symbian phones to operate with these things, they're only bothered if their own kits work. For the first time ever I am now considering a phone make other than Nokia.

Rob

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Just found out that the Lg's Os is Flash based and Adobe has just issued a patch for Flash, so there may be an update coming soon....

BigJim76

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just got my new LG Viewty yesterday and found this problem with the phone book not uploading to the car.
Previous Sony Ericsson W580 worked fine, I didn't realise their was a specific BT app at work that sends the phonebook to the car, which clearly isn't present on the LG.
3 months on from the last post here, has anyone had any success in getting the service to work ... maybe phone firmware update or software app on the handset??
Can but hope I guess!!

thebears

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2004
I have similair problems with the first lines of the phone book as well. I just get two rows of ................

Also not all the numbers upload to the MFD phonebook. Certian names would be missing, such as Home, Sean, Wife etc etc . I deleted the numbers form the phone, re-entered them and still no sync or upload. Even after it being in the car for over an hour.

The quality of the kit is good but the selection and some of the functions is pi$$ poor.