Bluetooth problem

Jul 4, 2022
Evening all,

I'm new to Leon's and I've just picked up a 68 plate Leon ST FR Sport. I've had an issue where I cannot connect a phone via Bluetooth or Android Auto.

When click on the telephone button, the screen will say "turning on Bluetooth" before given an error of "Unable to start Bluetooth". I've tried restoring to factory settings to no avail.

The Radio including the aux seems to work without a problem. It also doesn't seem to acknowledge my phone has Android Auto installed either. I know Android auto works because I use it in my works cars with no issue.

Whilst I primary will use the bluetooth for music, I do also want to be able to answer my phone in a legal manner if need be.

Any suggestions? I'm a fan of trying to resolve minor issues myself rather than go crying to the dealer 😂

If it helps

Device part number 5F0035877A
Hardware H50
Software 0515
Bluetooth version C300
Full link 5001.462.0.2

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Evening all,

I'm new to Leon's and I've just picked up a 68 plate Leon ST FR Sport. I've had an issue where I cannot connect a phone via Bluetooth or Android Auto.

When click on the telephone button, the screen will say "turning on Bluetooth" before given an error of "Unable to start Bluetooth". I've tried restoring to factory settings to no avail.

The Radio including the aux seems to work without a problem. It also doesn't seem to acknowledge my phone has Android Auto installed either. I know Android auto works because I use it in my works cars with no issue.

Whilst I primary will use the bluetooth for music, I do also want to be able to answer my phone in a legal manner if need be.

Any suggestions? I'm a fan of trying to resolve minor issues myself rather than go crying to the dealer 😂

If it helps

Device part number 5F0035877A
Hardware H50
Software 0515
Bluetooth version C300
Full link 5001.462.0.2
Sounds like it could be faulty Bluetooth module to be honest, but the fact android auto wired isn't working either it maybe something more.

Did you pick it up from a dealer as I'd be getting them to fix it.

Jul 4, 2022
Sounds like it could be faulty Bluetooth module to be honest, but the fact android auto wired isn't working either it maybe something more.

Did you pick it up from a dealer as I'd be getting them to fix it.
Independent dealer but yeah. I'll get in touch with them I guess.

It won't pair as it says unable to start Bluetooth.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.