Boc alloy wheel colour suggestions please

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
I'm after some opinions and suggestions regarding my alloys.

The alloys are gloss black as shown in the photo but appear to have been either sprayed badly, or the finish is just not hard wearing. They were silver, and resprayed black before I owned the car.
When I got the car they were perfect. I actually kerbed one of the wheels slightly within the first two weeks and swore to myself that I'd never do it again, and I never did!

boc.jpg

However, In the year that I've had the car the black wheels have become chipped, revealing some flecks and spots of silver paint, especially around the 'knuckels' in the centre of the wheels. I've been considering getting the wheels powder coated for a more hard wearing finish.

Today I had a set of new tyres fitted and the guy doing the work has unfortunately damaged one of my alloys when removing the second tyre. He was very apologetic, gave me a contact to get the damage repaired and didn't charge me anything for the labour. Obviously I was angry but I knew that the paint was not hard wearing and to be honest I expected a bit of paint to chip off during the tyre change. When we looked on the inside edge of the wheel we could see that the paintwork was not very hard wearing and was flaking off all over the place.

Bottom line is gents, these wheels need some new paint!

Now, I don't have many photos of my Bocanegra. Currently It's a black and white theme. I'm not the sort to go spraying my wheels pink or bright green but if you have any suggestions you think will look good please do share.

The roof and rear diffuser/plastics are gloss black.. Oh and I've got some black SEAT centre caps to replace the silver ones.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

Deleted member 49882

Get them stripped down. I would stick to gloss black, anthracite or perhaps even white. You can get wheels hydro-dipped as well. Have seen some carbon dipped and they actually look quite good. However, personally, I think I would stick to black or anthracite.

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm definately going to go for black or anthracite. I was hoping to get more ideas from the community, maybe even some pictures of finishes.

Any wheel refurbishment recommedations???

Ideally I'd like an nice dark grey, something very different than the stock anthracite.

6883890184_241f485bdc_b.jpg

7029989133_874e3d47cf_b.jpg

7040626437_a90f3e38ca_b.jpg

AL90

Dec 14, 2011
Sheffield
My alloys came sprayed black with the car, however the finish was poor and they chipped and flaked easily, so I had them refurbished and powder coated gloss black. Im happy with the finish of them, however even powder coating is still susceptible to stone chips. I have a few chips in mine, but im not letting it get to me, I plan to just have them re done once every few years.

As for colour choice, I would honesty say go with whatever you feel. :)

i have matte dark graphite alloys. very close to anthracite really. they have a silver flake through them also, which can only really be seen in direct sunlight. only had them powdercoated a few weeks ago.

i didn't want to go gloss black as i feel it's overdone, and i had them on my last car, and felt they were a pain in the arse to keep clean, especially against tyres. cost me £240, only took a day to get them done. the matte finish means they are very easy to keep clean.

i'm kind of regretting not going for white as the bocs really do look stunning with them!

some pics:

FB3328ED-E7C8-423E-BBA0-13400100FA7A-488-0000002BFBE64447_zps1e0f1db8.jpg

FB3328ED-E7C8-423E-BBA0-13400100FA7A-488-0000002BFBE64447_zps1e0f1db8.jpg

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for the input. They look really good, just need the mess from the tyres cleaned off them!

I'm still undecided but I'm going to speak to a few companies to get an idea of cost..

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
i kinda want a set of XXR 527s for my boc, but i want em in black chrome.

think they would look awesome.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.