bocanegra ordered

gadgetmaster

Nov 22, 2001
Sandy,Bedfordshire
Visit site
They do look nice and definately better in red.My wife saw 2 yesterday in the car park where she works and she said they look smart.
The wife has even been out in the new Ibiza Cupra and said it was really quick(lucky her).
Can't wait too have a go in one myself.

dan_wilson87

powered by bocanegra
Oct 1, 2009
ive heard of a 200 bhp remap for the 1.4 tsi but no more than that. Does anyone know of any other way to get 1.4 to pump out some more horses

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
ive heard of a 200 bhp remap for the 1.4 tsi but no more than that. Does anyone know of any other way to get 1.4 to pump out some more horses

With a remmap you get get 220hp and 300nm. The dsg has torque limitation so no more power :cry:
But that also happened with the 6 speed DSG. It had torque limitation at 350nm but many dsg golf GTIs have 500nm+ and running with no problems. Also, an extra clutch and software is available for the 6 speed dsg which can handle over 600nm. That might happen to the 7 speed too. :)

r26red

I ordered a candy white cupra last week (didn't think the bocanegra was worth the extra £600 so I ticked the xenon option instead), changing from a megane r26. I too am a bit apprehensive about getting a less powerful car, and one that potentially doesn't handle quite as well, but with the gearbox and nearly 200kg weight saving I don't think it'll be too bad - like it says above a remap should sort that out!

I am really looking forward to picking it up though, and am definately not complaining about the running costs (and reliability), which should p1$$ all over the megane!!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
These are gonna be little weapons when they are remapped!

Do we know if there are any mechanical (engine wise) differences between the cupra and FR yet? I.e. bigger intakes FMIC etc?

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
The new fr and cupra have exactly the same engine. The MK4s had diferences (intercooler, intake,etc) but on the mk5s there is no diference.
With a remap they both reach the same hp (210-220hp)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Thats the first time i've heard that happen. Ah well so with the cupra all your really paying for is the kit. Shame the Bocanegra isn't avaibale in FR form like on the contanant.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I am really looking forward to picking it up though, and am definately not complaining about the running costs (and reliability), which should p1$$ all over the megane!!

Well....I went from an '05 Mk IV Ibiza Cupra to an '08 Megane 225 Cup earlier this year and the Renault is far more reliable & better-built than the Ibiza was!

:whistle:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
The mkV seems to be better made than the mkIV. It uses soft touch plastics etc and just feels more solid.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
The Ibiza was back at the dealer no less than 4 times in the first 6 months of ownership (front windscreen not fitted correctly, rear windscreen heater not working) whereas the Megane has had 0 visits in the same time period.

Not denying the Ibiza was a great car, just that people shouldn't automatically think that as a VAG model it offers superior build & reliability to others....it doesn't!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've got the TDI Cupra and it does have its little niggles. Its still worlds apart from my 106 GTi :D The Fabia VRS I had after that was the best quality though.

Anyway back on topic! Should have my test drive next week. Gonna test out a few things.

60MPH motorway realistic MPG
How intrusive the traction control is when turned off and how effective the EDiff thing is
If the DSG will do what I tell it to in the various modes. (Its the DSG which is the make or break for me).

I'll report back.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
The Ibiza was back at the dealer no less than 4 times in the first 6 months of ownership (front windscreen not fitted correctly, rear windscreen heater not working) whereas the Megane has had 0 visits in the same time period.

Not denying the Ibiza was a great car, just that people shouldn't automatically think that as a VAG model it offers superior build & reliability to others....it doesn't!

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=19709

:cartman:

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I've got the TDI Cupra and it does have its little niggles. Its still worlds apart from my 106 GTi :D The Fabia VRS I had after that was the best quality though.

Anyway back on topic! Should have my test drive next week. Gonna test out a few things.

60MPH motorway realistic MPG
How intrusive the traction control is when turned off and how effective the EDiff thing is
If the DSG will do what I tell it to in the various modes. (Its the DSG which is the make or break for me).

I'll report back.

What do they report for the expected MPG? Something like 42-44mpg IIRC?

As an aside the Ibiza Cupra TDI's claimed MPG was 52mpg but I usually saw 47-49mpg when driving carefully. The Megane's claimed MPG is 33 but I see 34-35mpg when driving carefully. Not bad given the performance.

Be interesting to see the Mk V Cupra's real-world MPG as I know the Mk IV Cupra 1.8T's was quite poor from what I read on here.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Wow not good. Not really fair to show a picture of the new ibiza since the study was for 4-7 years old cars. But I wanted coilovers for mine but after hearing about all the problem decided to not touch mine since it seems ok (apart from the usual pulling to the left).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members