Body control module recall and dash cam

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Hi all,

My car recently had the recall for the body control module software update. From what I've read here, I was expecting the car's settings to be all over the place, although everything is where I left it. Presumably Seat have fixed this in the update.

However, I've noticed that my hardwired dash cam is no longer switching off. Would they have changed the settings for the lighter? I swapped the fuse round so it only worked when the ignition is on, when installing.

Would the dealer have had to unplug the dash cam to do the update? Is the module by the fuses in the glovebox?

They are a pretty crap dealership (several issues for other stories), so it wouldn't surprise me if they put it back in the wrong slot.

Thanks,
Gary

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Sounds like they've moved it. Did you use a piggyback fuse holder? A simple software update shouldn't change an ignition live circuit.

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
I only noticed last night when it was dark and I went down to my car to see the dash cam on.

Yes, it's piggybacking off the lighter fuse.

Thought it was worth a post, as others may have had this and nobody wants a flat battery! I'll check the fuses when I get a chance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.