Bodyshop recommendations around Hertfordshire

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Hi Peeps,

My driver's side door was reversed into by someone reversing out of a parking bay while my wife was waiting to pick me up from the station.
There is a dent and some large scuff/scrapes.

The other party are saying no one was there when they were reversing but my our car was parked and stationery not trying to squeeze past as they may claim.

I would rather not go through insurance as I only have 2 yrs ncb and would rather get quotes from local bodyshops and ask them to pay it privately as it may cost less than their excess anyway. I also have other areas of the car that need repair so would prefer to get it done in one go.

Does anyone here have experience of good bodyshops around Watford or surrounding Hertfordshire area or even who to avoid?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Probably a good idea to get cash towards damage and get the other work done at the same time if they are happy with that.

Just to add, however, that you won't lose your NCB if you make a claim against their insurance.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
The other party's insurance called me this morning and have said they admit liability and want to arrange with us to sort out getting the damage repaired.

I haven't yet contacted my insurance, does this mean going by what they are saying that I should let them handle it and it won't affect my ncb or premium?

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
My advice would be not to go through your insurance at all, call accident exchange instead.
They will supply you with a courtesy car, you can still take your car to the body shop of your choice and there is no risk of affecting your insurance as well as no hassle.

I know of several people who have used accident exchange and know that the bodyshop I use also advise to use them where your not liable for the accident

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
The other party's insurance called me this morning and have said they admit liability and want to arrange with us to sort out getting the damage repaired.

I haven't yet contacted my insurance, does this mean going by what they are saying that I should let them handle it and it won't affect my ncb or premium?
You only lose your NCB if you claim from your insurance - so in this case it won't be affected. You are meant to inform your insurance company of the incident though.