Bonnet Lifters

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
I have searched on here, and on google but to no avail. I would really like some hydraulic bonnet lifters. Does anyone know of a supplier, or if some universal kit is available that might work?

Cheers! :D

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I have searched on here, and on google but to no avail. I would really like some hydraulic bonnet lifters. Does anyone know of a supplier, or if some universal kit is available that might work?

Cheers! :D
I have them fitted to mine, after looking at the SEAT racing TDI's I have used the boot gas springs from the Seat Arosa [any model - £5.0 the pair down a scrap yard] they could be better but it was worth the try out [nb these gas springs have a l o t of power in their compressed state so beware - fixings must be strong and how you fit them to the bonnet which is very thin!!]

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Are boot lifters really strong enough then? I only ask because the bonnet seems quite heavy in comparison with a boot? Cheap enough from a scrappy though, might have a look for some next time I'm passing.

The reason I was asking about this was when changing my headlight bulbs yesterday, getting to the nearside was as pain because the bonnet holder thing was right in the way!

Thanks for the info!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members