Bonnet lifters

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
i have them. got them at last years GTI international from the volksbits stand

took me less than 10mins to fit too!!

i'm not sure why but some people have real problems fitting them. all i can think of is that some ibizas are different than others? :confused:

theres people with 1.4's, 1.6's like me, and cupras that have found them equally as easy to fit.

but then theres also a fair few that have found them impossible to fit and they have given up.

its a strange one

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
yer i got them from the volks bits stand, just looked at them in the packet they seem realy stiff, should they? im gunna attempt to fit em this afternoon

flashbsd

i dont understand why so many people cant get them fitted, took me 5 mins also. They do look good though but i always put bonnet stay up also in wind

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
flashbsd said:
i dont understand why so many people cant get them fitted, took me 5 mins also. They do look good though but i always put bonnet stay up also in wind

how do you manage to put your bonnet stay up?! my lifters hold the bonnet too high for the stay to be able to reach it, so i took it off. don't like bonnet stays anyway - they just get in the way i find!

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
mine are just polished

got them from volksbits for £15 at a show

i dont think unlcipping the lifters is what he does mate cos he said he puts the stay up ALSO.... i'm just curious thats all!

flashbsd

ah sorry, should have said, i simply push the bonnet stay under the bonnet Ubolt and it holds firmly in place incase of any sudden gust making it fall on my head!

LeeroyBrown

Rite on!!!
May 7, 2005
Cornwall
I brought some b4 and they just didnt fit atall!! And they were the right ones from volksbits aswell.. Strange?? Anyway im over thm now lol

Undezcupra

Francis Seat
Dec 21, 2005
Leicestershire
strange, mine were from volks bits, £20, and i dont see if there all the same some fit and some dont! maybe if some cars have been in accidents the panel screws maybe in slightly different places? weird...