Boost gauge?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Is there a boost gauge in the virtual cockpit anywhere?

The only gauge in virtual cockpit related to engine power is the horizontal one at the bottom left in Sport view (the one with the single central dial).
What it actually shows is a bit vague because there is a percentage sign there, but the value it shows exactly matches the one in sports instruments (on the infotainment screen) which shows a kW value. What it really is a mystery to me.

Also there is a pressure gauge that shows its value in bars, but it is only on infotainment screen, as you may already know.

1713167962182.jpg

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Ah right, think I'll need to play about a bit more! I can get the single rev counter display but I see nothing on either side, apart from fuel & temp 🤷

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Ah right, think I'll need to play about a bit more! I can get the single rev counter display but I see nothing on either side, apart from fuel & temp 🤷

Those at the bottom left and right are not selectable.
The one at the right is coolant temp but the left one should be power gauge, not the fuel.
You might want to take a closer look at it.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Those at the bottom left and right are not selectable.
The one at the right is coolant temp but the left one should be power gauge, not the fuel.
You might want to take a closer look at it.

Correction: Right one is oil temp, not coolant.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Is there anything similar on a mk3 prefacelift, without sports display? (15-reg Leon Cupra). I have OBD11 too.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Is there anything similar on a mk3 prefacelift, without sports display? (15-reg Leon Cupra). I have OBD11 too.

My 2018 (facelifted) FR was originally specified with virtual cockpit from factory and it had the first version of the hardware (no sport view).
I later replaced the cluster with revised version (the one with sport view)
The first one had not any gauge or info display related to engine power.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
My 2018 (facelifted) FR was originally specified with virtual cockpit from factory and it had the first version of the hardware (no sport view).
I later replaced the cluster with revised version (the one with sport view)
The first one had not any gauge or info display related to engine power.
I don’t even have a VC. Just the smaller non CarPlay screen in infotainment, and dials in dash.

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
The only gauge in virtual cockpit related to engine power is the horizontal one at the bottom left in Sport view (the one with the single central dial).
What it actually shows is a bit vague because there is a percentage sign there, but the value it shows exactly matches the one in sports instruments (on the infotainment screen) which shows a kW value. What it really is a mystery to me.

Also there is a pressure gauge that shows its value in bars, but it is only on infotainment screen, as you may already know.

View attachment 41912
"Also there is a pressure gauge that shows its value in bars, but it is only on infotainment screen, as you may already know." How do I display this please?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
"Also there is a pressure gauge that shows its value in bars, but it is only on infotainment screen, as you may already know." How do I display this please?

First of all, I was talking about the sport gauges feature, as shown in the photo below.
This is a FEC/SWaP-protected feature and not all cars have it.
My car has the optional Dynamic Package (DCC) and this feature comes as part of that package.
But as with all protected software, some people have found ways to hack & patch the infotainment unit and those features are not protected anymore.

It is accessed by Vehicle -> View -> Sport Information menu item on the infotainment screen.
All three gauges are configurable to show desired information, by scrolling up or down.
The available items are coolant temp, oil temp, g-meter, boost pressure and engine power, if I'm not missing any.

DSC_1263.JPG

Reactions: missmouse

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
First of all, I was talking about the sport gauges feature, as shown in the photo below.
This is a FEC/SWaP-protected feature and not all cars have it.
My car has the optional Dynamic Package (DCC) and this feature comes as part of that package.
But as with all protected software, some people have found ways to hack & patch the infotainment unit and those features are not protected anymore.

It is accessed by Vehicle -> View -> Sport Information menu item on the infotainment screen.
All three gauges are configurable to show desired information, by scrolling up or down.
The available items are coolant temp, oil temp, g-meter, boost pressure and engine power, if I'm not missing any.

View attachment 41917
Thanks! 👍

Reactions: serdar_18fr
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.