boosting probs again - help please

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
well was on the motorway today was doing about 70 in 6th gear as i droped it in to5th and put the foot down the boost seemd to go on and of rather fast and the engine m .light came on but there was really no were neer the same boost a normaly get anyone had this prob b4

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
defentley sounds like a hose leaking or split hose under boost..

check both inter cooler hoses,also take cover off and check all pipes into T.I.P

CHEERS

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
checked them there all tight dont want to tighting to much .some times i just wish a keep it standard . hey slim what u boosting at cause got same set up a bit

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
that makes 2 of us cars still doing it its gettin worse now u think it cood be a leak whats causing this its as if its driving with the hand brake on

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
if boost shoots up and then drops off and management light comes on it suggests you have overboosted and brought on limp mode. check the pipe between the n75 and actuator on the wastegate for splits (this caused all sorts of issues with mine a while back) and also hoses to the DV.

jamiebennett81

you mention a light comes on?

engine management light I think I read right? if so, have you had VAG com on it. If a light shows up on the dashboard, then get it checked out asap....save you playing the "guess what the issue" is game

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
just had a wee look about its to dark to see most things but ill check it first thing tomorrow .am going to go to were i got my map done they got vag.com see if the lite comes on does it save the reason for it coming on

jamiebennett81

just had a wee look about its to dark to see most things but ill check it first thing tomorrow .am going to go to were i got my map done they got vag.com see if the lite comes on does it save the reason for it coming on

is the light not on anymore then?

I am not sure if it saves it....I think it may have a history of error codes as you have to manually clear them with VAG com, so it should still be there I believe

let us know if VAG com brings up anything, but by then you should have a good idea of what the issue is when/if the code comes up

jamiebennett81

no its not on it only comes on wen i boost and the car feels as if its wheel spinning or rather wheel hopping.

eh

sorry I dont mean this as an insult or a really stupid question, but when you boost, and the wheels are spinning/losing grip a light "flashes" up on the dashboard does it and it cuts the power?

sorry, i just want to rule out that silly possibility and I am sure its not this at all :)

just a bit odd it only comes up when you boost and is not on all the time

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
hahahha ya nutter ano what lite that is that stays of some times wen i want to play with the car . its the engine man light. defo i should have said that sorry lol

jamiebennett81

hahahha ya nutter ano what lite that is that stays of some times wen i want to play with the car . its the engine man light. defo i should have said that sorry lol

sorry just have to check (this comes from me working in IT, and troubleshooting a guys home internet connection.....when after an hour of troubleshooting the modem was not even turned on because I already made this presumption, turned it on, problem resolved!!)

it doesnt sound like a scooby does it when trying to boost or runs really ruff?

OK, well then let us know what happens when you go to the garage and get VAG com on it

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
well had the dam thing on a diognostic machine and it came up with a good few problems ..
..1.. some thing to do with the knock sensor
..2.. supradic misfire in all 4 cylinders
..3..low volt. in maf
..4.. somthing to do with pinking. and there was a few more things cant mind thou after seeing that
i took it to were i got it ..thou i was going to look for his house and drive it fru his front door .. wink wnk uncle arnold well its booked it for tomorrow

jamiebennett81

well had the dam thing on a diognostic machine and it came up with a good few problems ..
..1.. some thing to do with the knock sensor
..2.. supradic misfire in all 4 cylinders
..3..low volt. in maf
..4.. somthing to do with pinking. and there was a few more things cant mind thou after seeing that
i took it to were i got it ..thou i was going to look for his house and drive it fru his front door .. wink wnk uncle arnold well its booked it for tomorrow

Jesus!!

are these all recent errors?

cylinders will be a coil pack issue.....but ALL 4:blink:

low volt in MAF, so a sensor issue with that then or the MAF on its way out

knock sensor......have you checked the fueling?

what remap are you running on it by the way?

I think the next best step is to get VAG COM on it again and try to do some logs to show the air and fuel data

the reason it has no boost and is cutting back is the likely hood of a safety measure. having an error like the knock sensor is NOT good and is when the engine starts to pink. Knock or pinking means the air/fuel mixture is not right and can be very dangerous to the engine and cause extensive damage

All these errors tie into each other, coil packs, MAF, knock etc all work off one another

wiki's definition:

"Knocking (also called knock, detonation or spark knock, pinking in UK English or pinging in US English) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines occurs when combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder starts off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug, but one or more pockets of air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front. The fuel-air charge is meant to be ignited by the spark plug only, and at a precise time in the piston's stroke cycle. The peak of the combustion process no longer occurs at the optimum moment for the four-stroke cycle. The shock wave creates the characteristic metallic "pinging" sound, and cylinder pressure increases dramatically. Effects of engine knocking range from inconsequential to completely destructive. It should not be confused with pre-ignition (or preignition), as they are two separate events."

its basically where the fuel and air mixture are ignited at the wrong time (or is that preignition?)

Either way it can cause damage to the internals of the engine, which is BIG £££££

stay OFF the boost and get it sorted asap

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
the maps from euro tune in glasgow but they deal with some guy down south. well its all coverdunder warnanty;. i hope there was more faults but wen it goes up there tomorrow am sure they will say otherthings lol i h8 cars lol

jamiebennett81

the maps from euro tune in glasgow but they deal with some guy down south. well its all coverdunder warnanty;. i hope there was more faults but wen it goes up there tomorrow am sure they will say otherthings lol i h8 cars lol

Well if it's all under warranty then it should be ok, although pending what parts the warranty covers hopefully it should not cost you anything

let us know how it goes

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise