Boot lid help

bobbycfc

Jun 6, 2007
Motherwell
Hi, my short aunt is very serious about buying an Arona. However when the boot is open she cannot physically reach up to close it.
Has anyone encountered this and have a solution?
I notice on the inside of boot there is a small, quarter circle grove cut out - not sure what this is for or whether it could be utilised in some way?
Ultimately i could attach a strap with some serious 3M adhesive but wondering if there is anything more aesthetic?

Tell

Staff member
Interesting one.... will muse over it.

I have the virtual pedal on my Ateca, partly got that since I get backache so stretching up can be painful at times.... makes it convenient unloading the boot since you always have a spare hand to carry stuff in. The Arona I grab the outside paint.

She needs an Ateca with the virtual pedal to wiggle your foot underneath. The procedure is step up from behind with your keys on you, foot under, step back. The step back is important not so it doesn't hit you, but it is used by the car to sense you have moved back. If you dont move back it won't open. Wiggle as much as possible but it won't budge.

They were an option on Xellences at launch and beyond for a couple of years so you might find a second hand model being sold. On some Cupra's now.... later might be out of the price range. Former may not be. Good cars for the elderly since you sit up high, making it easy to get in and out. Good on the back. Arona seats are more uncomfortable. I use a cushion on the passenger side.

bobbycfc

Jun 6, 2007
Motherwell
Cheers for reply. She is coming from an Octavia to the Arona as she wants to majorly downsize in length due to the Octavia being so big for parking and for turning on her driveway.
She test drove an Xcellence Lux yesterday and put down the deposit for it so hopefully collecting it later in the week.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.