Bosch wiper blades

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Needing a definitive answer to a quick question please - 64 plate Leon SE Tech TDI 5 door

Wanting to change the front wiper blades, and have always used Bosch from choice.

Windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk list the fronts as A350S, drivers side 26 inch, passenger side16 inch. Eurocarparts and Carparts4less.co.uk list the A556S, drivers side 24inch, passenger side 16 inch. Both are comparable in price around the £20 mark once Honey discounts are applied, but the ones on the car are 24 /16inch, and thes ones on there now are what were on when I bought the car.......

Can anyone confirm exactly which is the right size please? Will the larger 26 inch drivers side blade actually fit?

Which do I go for? 24 or 26?

Many thanks in advance

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
24/16 is right but I wouldn't get Bosch blades. Years ago they were good but they've got off. Today they work well at first but don't last. For the last few years I've been using Valeo and they're a lot better.

Reactions: AirBM

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
A350S is what I've fitted as it has the correct connection without the need for adaptors. That's swapping from owning the car from nearly new and the size were the same. The packaging even lists our car on it.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Hmm, 2 replies, one saying 24, the other 26.

The specified size is 24'' but 26'' will fit and work fine. My car has a 26'' blade on the driver's side and it works perfectly. In theory, if the blade is too big there is less pressure on it so it won't clean the same but in practice I don't think it makes any difference. I just does not matter which size you use.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hmm, 2 replies, one saying 24, the other 26......
I'd measure what you have fitted. Mines an ST, but in both cases the size has matched. Never had an issue with my last lot of Bosch, but this is my first set of Bosch on my new car (fitted on Saturday as it happens).