Bottle of wine set seat belt alarm off!

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Apparently, a bottle of wine weighs the same as a human. Is this possible? I would worry if I knew of any human being that weighed the same as a bottle of wine. You may be wondering what on earth I am wittering on about...well let me tell you. I had a bottle of wine on my passenger seat this evening on the way home from work. It was minus 2 outside, and I'd just had to scrape the windscreen so had the blowers on full and the radio up to drown out the noise of the blowers. Then I hear the faintest of bong" in the background and caught a glimpse of a flashing light on the dash. Now, bearing in mind that only the other weekend the car decided to bong at me because the coolant level had dipped below minimum, I feared the worst. So I drove on and on accelleration there it was again...it was the (insert swear word) seat belt alarm!!!!!! Honestly, I almost got out and had a Basil Fawlty moment there and then with the car! Why on earth would I want it to beep at me if I have a bottle of wine sitting there?!?!

Anyway...enough of a rant. Can this warning be turned off? Can I pull a sensor out or something?[:@]

Thanks!

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Well I'm glad to see other people have the same problem.:blink:

I've heard a lot about this vag.com business, but not sure it's price is justified by this issue alone! Unless someone wants to help me out hehe

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i do chinese deliveries in my car and sometimes i have a bottle of coke on the seat. sometimes that will set it off. if it's in the ridge in the fabric it's fine, anymore further forward the bong irritates the hell out of me.

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
That's one of the things i'm getting turned off when i get my car serviced. It does my head in, I normally drive to work with my laptop bag on the seat, not any more I have to put it in the boot. does it with a bag of shopping or a take-away too.

At the moment in the cold morning i've got the bing service, bing low fuel, bing below 4 degree, bong bluetooth connected, bing seatbelt. Shut-up!

bozzzydmc

No definatley on my passenger seat too :)

I was showing my car to a guy at work who also has a Leon... he has owned it for 2 years and never realised till that the remote could be used to put up / down the windows and fold in the mirrors :) ;)

caveo

Mystery solved

maximus.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members