Brake Caliper Sliders

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
It seems Ford part ( F6141154 ) will work nicely with standard Mk2 or Mk3 Ibiza Cupra front brake calipers if your sliders cease like mine have.

If it's confirmed, could that get added to the Parts FAQ? It's advice from Fl@pper, not from me, but it took me about an hour of Googling to find his post from 2007.

....anybody got any ideas how to removed a stuck slider pin from the caliper carrier? (...before I take it to a garage and let them puzzle over it?)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
its listed in the mk2 FaQ's from 2005 if it helps :) but ill try and sticky it over to mk3 also but gimme a shout pm/mail if you get stuck again

and if it's the pin stuck in where i think it is i convinced the old man to drill mine out for me :)

Tom--

if it's stuck can you not just soak it in wd40 and tap it out? not sure what they're like on the ibiza's but most cars have a bit of a lip where the bolt goes in so if they're stuck i just tend to give them a good oak and tap them out

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
I think I'll cheat and take it to a garage to remove... I can't tap it out, it will need to be pulled out while the caliper carrier is held in a vice, there's no way to get behind the pin, or drilled out I guess.

p.s. MASSIVE THANKS to __B3NNY__ who wins SeatCupra Member of the decade for not only lending me his spare caliper carrier and parts but also sorting out my catch tank this weekend and showing me how to fit the replacement suspension. Woooooo!

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
No problems mate, it all sorted now? And its just the seized spares your getting sorted?

It's all sorted mate, yes. Local garage removed the seized parts for me, yours will be back with you as soon as the spare sliders arrived at the weekend! Result. Cheers again. Get 'em on sale :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.