Brake Pad Confusion

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get the correct size pads for my car (2017 1.4TSI (150HP))?

Pads all round need changing so I bought some from buycarparts by inputting my reg number - Got round to changing them today to realize the ones I have bought are the incorrect size - too small! I've tried Halfrauds, Eurocarparts and a few more websites by inputting my reg / car details in and all the brake pads that they recommend look pretty much the same as the ones I have purchased which are too small..

I've attached a pic of the ones ive bought but in you can see the current pads on the car in the picture are bigger and have a different fitting..

Picture - https://imgur.com/a/5Ju2deA

Thanks in advance

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get the correct size pads for my car (2017 1.4TSI (150HP))?

Pads all round need changing so I bought some from buycarparts by inputting my reg number - Got round to changing them today to realize the ones I have bought are the incorrect size - too small! I've tried Halfrauds, Eurocarparts and a few more websites by inputting my reg / car details in and all the brake pads that they recommend look pretty much the same as the ones I have purchased which are too small..

I've attached a pic of the ones ive bought but in you can see the current pads on the car in the picture are bigger and have a different fitting..

Picture - https://imgur.com/a/5Ju2deA

Thanks in advance
Hey. I can say actually what size you need. But I have come across this a few times when working on friends cars. In end what I have to do is buy various sizes available and then compare the correct ones with the old (euro car parts) I know a bit annoying to have to return ones.dont need as I hate travelling to return items. But once it's done you will know mov8ng forward. Saying that you could remove the old pad and then place an order for click and collect at euro car parts (so u still get discount) and the ask to compare. But you will need a lift to the store.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What you really do need to do is work out which brake option is fitted to that car, I think that you have selected the 256mm disc diameter option - and any Ibiza with that will have FS111 moulded into the disc calliper and these brakes will no have any external anti-rattle springs fitted on the outer face of the calliper/carrier. I'm guessing that you have 288mm disc diameter option which will have a vertical external anti-rattle spring on the outer face.

Never ever just grab the first/cheapest option on ECR and CarParts websites, you do need to know a bit more about your car before buying in parts that way.

You might even have the 312mm disc diameter brake option - roughly measure the diameter of the existing front discs would be my next bit of advice, the rears should be easier to get right as I'd think they will be the "normal" disc diameter - but why not check as well.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.