Brakelights stuck on sons 2014 ibiza 1.2 fr

Apr 26, 2023
So, was that the BCM or Body Control Module controller, I agree, if that is faulty, then that has to be replaced.
Neither. It was the engine control module. The problem is in the wiring that melted in the brake sensor circuit and burned the module. In my case, the wiring had already been repaired by the previous owner, but it still had the problem. As the engine control module manages the braking system it creates this error and is always active. The entire circuit, the BCM and all the components involved were tested and the failure was only in the engine control module. Thanks

Apr 26, 2023
How i do to solve that problem

1. The entire circuit was tested, from the brake sensor to the brake lamps.
2. Ground, positive and signal tested for sensor.
3. Relays and fuses have been tested.
4. The brake sensor has been tested with a magnet.
5. BCM tested.
6. The cruise control system has been tested.

7. Finally, after 6 days of intensive work, it was noticed that there had already been a problem with the wiring and it had already been repaired, even without the bend for the engine control module, the module was tested and the brake sensor element had been damaged .
A module was installed, programmed and everything was finally back to normal.

*Tried to repair the module but it was not possible.

I hope I helped with this problem.

Before drawing any conclusions just do a basic test to the circuit.

If everything is ok, follow this procedure.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Did you know where the wiring damage was, I'm guessing it was on the lefthand side chassis leg where there is a long bolt that supports the gearbox top mounting and/or the battery tray - I keep thinking that I should support the end of the gearbox, remove that bolt and cut off the tapers "feed in" end of it that is probably there to help will factory assembly - but ends up projecting quite far into the cablee assembly that is in that chassis leg.

All good information that you have given though, any other threads I've read on this issue just don't get any good information on what the root cause was and what all needed replacing/repairing. It is a pity that the damaged went as far back as the engine ECU though!

Apr 26, 2023
Did you know where the wiring damage was, I'm guessing it was on the lefthand side chassis leg where there is a long bolt that supports the gearbox top mounting and/or the battery tray - I keep thinking that I should support the end of the gearbox, remove that bolt and cut off the tapers "feed in" end of it that is probably there to help will factory assembly - but ends up projecting quite far into the cablee assembly that is in that chassis leg.

All good information that you have given though, any other threads I've read on this issue just don't get any good information on what the root cause was and what all needed replacing/repairing. It is a pity that the damaged went as far back as the engine ECU though!
the wiring makes a 90 degree turn near the ecu, and that's where it gets damaged

Reactions: RUM4MO
Jun 19, 2023
Thanks for those information !
Mine is does remain on only when i turn the switch to on position. it works perfectly when the switch is off.
I suspect the wiring . Will dig on that way too .

Jun 19, 2023
Can anyone provide me the reference number of the cable going from the ECU (BCM) to the light switch please ?

DTomas

Jun 3, 2022
Thanks for those information !
Mine is does remain on only when i turn the switch to on position. it works perfectly when the switch is off.
I suspect the wiring . Will dig on that way too .
Same thing happened when I recoded BCM and some value changed, if you have anyone with access to ELSA you can find wiring diagram

Reactions: trbeny
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise