Britain's Bloodhound car could reach 1,000mph

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
agreed on the knighthood

from the beeb
"Its 900mm-diameter wheels will spin so fast they will have to be made from a high-grade titanium to prevent them from flying apart."

:-o:rock:

cupra777

i think that might just be quicker than a veyron
i dont like veyrons anyway

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
So we're short of the right sort of heroes, but what sort of people do they honour?

i worked for a sir. it felt strange saying "sir phil" in general conversation. i believe his knighthood was given due to his successes in the retail industry. nothing wrong with that i guess but its not heroic or inspiring.

mr geldolf is a real hero and deserves his sir status. he had a vision and made it happen.[B)]

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
wot da mpg on dis roket car thing, 1/4mpg?

It uses 1 ton of oxidiser in 17 seconds for the hybrid rocket. The fuel pump is powered by a 800BHP V8.

At the moment i'm an engineering student at UWE, where the prototype was built, and who have won the contract to build the real one. Having met Richard Noble twice now, I wish him all the best in what will be a memorable acheivement.

For those who dont believe it is a real car - fair enough. However I dont beleive this detracts from the engineering acheivement.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
It uses 1 ton of oxidiser in 17 seconds for the hybrid rocket. The fuel pump is powered by a 800BHP V8.

At the moment i'm an engineering student at UWE, where the prototype was built, and who have won the contract to build the real one. Having met Richard Noble twice now, I wish him all the best in what will be a memorable acheivement.

For those who dont believe it is a real car - fair enough. However I dont beleive this detracts from the engineering acheivement.

i'm led to believe it's a v12 fuel pump. they're developing certain parts at my uni :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Car, Plane, Rocket, whatever definition it truely fit's under is irrelevant as there is seperate records for wheel driven and jet powered etc.

end of the day it's going for the big 1000 mph and it's british so good luck to em.

front end track looks thin compared to the back so i guess it will understeer :) but any chance of a spin round the car park to try it out ? :lol:

The primary objectives of the BLOODHOUND project are:

* ‘To create a national surge in popularity of Science and Engineering’

* ‘To create an iconic project requiring extreme research and technology, whilst providing the means to enable the student population to share the experience and join in the adventure’

and just for having the balls to give it a go get's my salute [B)]

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Car, Plane, Rocket, whatever definition it truely fit's under is irrelevant as there is seperate records for wheel driven and jet powered etc.

end of the day it's going for the big 1000 mph and it's british so good luck to em.

and just for having the balls to give it a go get's my salute [B)]

My sentiments exactly. :thumbup:

I think our name should be on the tailplane.... ;)