Broadcast TMC in the UK

Tell

Staff member
Vag have done the dirty and not renewed so it appears the broadcast FM / DAB license for Traffic Master in the UK. So far it hasn't exercised the Seat board, it is elsewhere, Honda is effected as well. It's used in mib2, you folk have mib3. In an Audi training manual it shows mib3 as having broadcast TMC. Can I get one of you people who knows there way around the menus to look for it. If it's like mib2 you'll see a bar across it in the UK meaning no broadcast is being received. Else where you might see it shown.

If within connected license you also get access to the online data which is different to the broadcast data... and yes I know many use AA and Car Play.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
TMC has never been great anyway. My old car had it, and it only showed the occasional traffic jam about 50 miles away - it was never actually useful.

Tell

Staff member
They didn't get the timing correct with the transmission running late. Does depend on sensors. The online services use everybody else's GPS movement speed rather than road sensors. Has it's merit. I found it worked well in Germany but they probably send the packages more often.

One of the UK TMC inputs is the National Highway Agency and as we know those boards aren't always correct. TMC combining sensors and planned road work activity.

So it's true to say you have found a TMC icon on the mib3 screen with a bar thru it. They had designed it in as well as connect services. Seems to be an industrial wide decision to pull TMC, nobody wanted to pay for it, so it collapsed. Inrix is still going in the UK but Vag cars dont use that one. Some sleeve rolling in some parts on whether that can be sorted via DIY. In other countries like Australia users have switched systems themselves on VAG cars. Russia as well.

Tell

Staff member
There is a mib2 high solution to this with coding. A bit of DIY and you are back in business:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.