Broken CV Joint or Gearbox on its way out? FIXED

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Is it when you change gear? or if you let go of the clutch pedal too quickly? like a thud? could be anything

Engine mounting
Gearbox mounting
Wishbones
Balljoints
Track rod ends
Roll bar links

ggs mk1 fr

Jan 9, 2014
Sheffield
Hi all I know that this is a oldish thread.
but I've got this problem my mk1 leon 1.8t
every time I turn left and right when I do a u turn I get a clunk noise when I put full lock on the right
I've replaced both wishbones
And anti roll drop link's and 2 new track rod end's and inner and outer tie rods
does anyone know why or does anyone know what it could be your help would be appreciated
gaz.

AshBoy

Apr 14, 2015
i have a metal wire scraping sound coming from front as i put my foot down in 2nd or 3third any ideas peeps just had a replacment gearbox put in with 80k
It's hard to diagnose over the Internet mate, but i suggest you don't use it until its looked at before you either harm yourself or another road user.

AshBoy

Apr 14, 2015
Shes fixed.

Outer CV joint was completely shafted. I think the boot was all that was holding it together and it was blue inside from the heat, no grease in there but the gaitor wasnt split? Odd.

I managed to snap one of the 3 bolts that hold the balljoint onto the arm but its alright ill get another bolt.

Then the undertray flew off on the test drive (hadnt even removed it !! )

Just the small matter of a dumpvalve that needs replacing, some vacuum hoses that are wrapped in insulation tape and a couple of temp sensors to go ! I love this car ! LOL

did u have a wire scrapping noise on acceleration?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members