bugs or misconfiguration?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Dream on. Have you seen new car models pictures? Huge screens instead of dash and middle console. S-class for example. I suspect, buttons will be only in outgoing models and more primitive cars until they are also replaced by screens.
In 5-10 years.

The car business is cyclical. Once cheaper cars get big screens, premium cars will use fancy knobs and buttons.

Reactions: Hizzards

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
On the A/C front, I have questioned the effectiveness of this quite a bit in the last few weeks. I keep my mode on auto, my temps constant and do not fiddle, but as the colder mornings have hit I have found myself feeling the chill in the car, even with the temp set at 23. The air coming through at a very feeble rate is tepid at best, however if I hit the windscreen clear button, vast amounts of hot air are dispersed and clear the screen very impressively. But the auto mode which is supposed to get the cabin up to the desired temp just doesn’t seem as effective as previous cars I’ve had.
I find myself now relying on the heated seat and wheel to give me the warmth in a morning.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
On the A/C front, I have questioned the effectiveness of this quite a bit in the last few weeks. I keep my mode on auto, my temps constant and do not fiddle, but as the colder mornings have hit I have found myself feeling the chill in the car, even with the temp set at 23. The air coming through at a very feeble rate is tepid at best, however if I hit the windscreen clear button, vast amounts of hot air are dispersed and clear the screen very impressively. But the auto mode which is supposed to get the cabin up to the desired temp just doesn’t seem as effective as previous cars I’ve had.
I find myself now relying on the heated seat and wheel to give me the warmth in a morning.
Have you turned the auto setting up to 2 or 3?

It increases the power of the heating (or fan) and it warms up more quickly.

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
Mercedes had mirrors heating connected to rear windscreen heating, I found it bizarre at the beginning.

In VAG cars, it was always setting on mirror configuration, on the door, which I prefer.

Regarding camera quality, I think it's faulty and you should try to get replacement under warranty.

Climate control - in my car it never defaulted to Eco and I never switched it off either. Leaving it on, 21C, fan on 1.
I dont think all VAG cars have it. On my seat ibiza 2017 in order to start heating the side mirrors, i had to push the rear window heating button. it did not have a separate button for it

Reactions: Baldiesimo

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
it's true for seat.. for example on the formentor if I use auto, it doesn't even push air from the center front air vents..
this car has a very strange behavior and honestly i dont even know which ones are bugs and which ones are features.. i was reading above about the apple carplay and so far there are 3 cases:
1. my case - i have to push 3 buttons in order to start it
2. 1 button
3. connects automatically.
So which one of them is the actual FAD??

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
Mercedes had mirrors heating connected to rear windscreen heating, I found it bizarre at the beginning.

In VAG cars, it was always setting on mirror configuration, on the door, which I prefer.

Regarding camera quality, I think it's faulty and you should try to get replacement under warranty.

Climate control - in my car it never defaulted to Eco and I never switched it off either. Leaving it on, 21C, fan on 1.
I'm trying to fix it but they don't want to do it.. I sent them pictures, I managed to replicate it at the service site but they said that they dont get any errors or anything like that and it "works inside parameters"... i told them "OK... but look at the quality.. it's not normal".. and again.. they said there is nothing they can do to change it under warranty
added a video now.. flickering included.. for them.. "this is normal.. nothing wrong with it"

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.