Build week for new Cupra 290's

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
Still no build date for me. Ordered on the 5th of August. Tempted to cancel and order something else that's in stock. Also listers stated that the lease prices are across the board with seat leasing and they have no wiggle room
On the prices. They originally said £300 plus 1.
I bought a Ibiza fr 1.2 tsi about 5 days later as well and they said the price has now come down because they are including free metallic paint now so it's down to £278. But seeing some of you that have had the same deals from £250, I'm a little pissed off tbh.
I have already sold my Leon fr 170 too them and they are holding the balance owing to me £1600 until I take delivery of the cupra. So not in a position now to move to another dealer.

Is this the case with seat leasing? The prices are the same from dealer to dealer? Or is listers just spinning me a line? Also are you including Vat with the prices you have put up so far.

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
They have the same kind of base cost from vwfs but dealer contributions vary, from what I've seen they are certainly not the same across the dealer network, also part ex allowances vary, I'm paying slightly more on the lease compared to others but the part ex value they are giving me makes the overall package more attractive

Scorchio69

Aug 28, 2016
Aberdeen
My lease is costing £2k deposit and £178.96 a month ( dealer is putting in £500 ) that's based on 10k per annum non maintained 2yr deal

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
I did get a good px price on my Leon fr, i essentially got what I would of got if I sold it privately, after rectifying certain issues. Plus they have took it earlier with the purchase of the Ibiza. 2k and 178 a month is about the same term payment as the 250 a month. Think I might have a word and see what the game is

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Still havent heard a peep out of CVL for my build week after ordering 6 weeks ago - definitely not impressed with their services so far and wishing id gone to a dealer.

Same with me - last contact with me was on August 3rd!
All I want is the order number so I can chase though SEAT customer services

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Call them up and ask for it. if they say they can't provide the info then say you need it so you can arrange the return or sale of your current car. If they still say no then try swearing at them.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So I now have my SEAT order number from CVL. They've had it since 25th Aug but hadn't emailed it over and I assume they wouldn't have unless I specifically asked as I did.
Turns out that SEAT can't confirm the specific build week until 4 weeks before the unconfirmed one - so mine is still week 39. There seem to be no hold-ups or parts shortages for the line currently and the Golf-R gearbox supply issues aren't also affecting the Cupras.

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
So I now have my SEAT order number from CVL. They've had it since 25th Aug but hadn't emailed it over and I assume they wouldn't have unless I specifically asked as I did.
Turns out that SEAT can't confirm the specific build week until 4 weeks before the unconfirmed one - so mine is still week 39. There seem to be no hold-ups or parts shortages for the line currently and the Golf-R gearbox supply issues aren't also affecting the Cupras.

Cheers - dont suppose you know which dealer they are sourcing their cars from?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Cheers - dont suppose you know which dealer they are sourcing their cars from?

Nope - they haven't told me. I'll need to ask nearer the time as I want them to deliver it direct to my mate who runs a detailing company for him to do a new car protection. I don't even want the dealership to clean it for me before delivery as I really don't want the forecourt monkeys swirling in scratches before I even get a chance to see it!!

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
Just had a call from my dealer, we have a problem apparently not got much details but me mentioned 11 weeks!!!! doesn't know if that is a delay or 11 weeks from today or from order!!! Not a happy Bunny!!!

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
I have called in today and and got build week 42. Got to see one in the same spec as mine waiting for collection. Looked great customer had excellent taste

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Brett did you look at leasing through lookers at Stockport. Very keen prices and less than other seat dealers. My deal on a 3dr is £1216 upfront and £202.80 for 23mths 10k miles. 5dr is a tenner a month more.

Found via contract hire and leasing site

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Brett did you look at leasing through lookers at Stockport. Very keen prices and less than other seat dealers. My deal on a 3dr is £1216 upfront and £202.80 for 23mths 10k miles. 5dr is a tenner a month more.

Found via contract hire and leasing site

My Cupra from IMG Seat at Warrington was cheaper, 1+23, 10k pa, £249 a month (5dr manual)

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Yes but Brett seemed to be paying a bit higher though don't know what spec he has

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
I left it with listers now. My first payment is like £550 followed by 278 for 23.
Mines a 5 door manual in white. Over the term there's not a vast amount in it, plus they gave me a decent price on my old fr plus they took it earlier when I had my the Ibiza off them saving me over 900 in payments. Swings and roundabouts really

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
The img deal advertised on their website is for 8k a year rather than 10k

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
Still pissed off.com. stealer phoned me before saying there had been a problem with my car and a delay of 11 weeks!!! I ordered my car on the 1st July so would be looking at a November delivery!!!!
He still doesn't know the full reason but maybe something to do with the seats??? Sounds fishy to me.
Has anyone heard of any problems?? My car is a 5 door Cupra Black in Dynamic Grey.
Thx from a very upset customer!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.