Build week for new Cupra 290's

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Glad it's sorted .... but do love you tube

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Has anyone who ordered a Cupra and got build week 42 heard back from their dealer on status???

I'm Build week 42 the broker is still telling me start of November to get to them. But also see on the pistonheads thread someone's build week 42 was pushed to 48. I'll give Seat a call in a sec and report back

Dave

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
I'm Build week 42 the broker is still telling me start of November to get to them. But also see on the pistonheads thread someone's build week 42 was pushed to 48. I'll give Seat a call in a sec and report back

Dave

6 week push back :( oh dear. I phoned my dealer last Monday and they said end of November/december delivery, so not looking too good

when did you order yours Dave?

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Has anyone who ordered a Cupra and got build week 42 heard back from their dealer on status???

Just called Seat directly. My build week 42 has finished being built and is in transit from the factory now. She said 2-3 weeks to get here, so within the next month I hope as the dealer has to do all their checks etc. Cheers

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
6 week push back :( oh dear. I phoned my dealer last Monday and they said end of November/december delivery, so not looking too good

Looking on pistonheads that was people who had their colours changed apparently. What colour did you order? I think you will get it by the end of November fingers crossed

Dave

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Just called Seat directly. My build week 42 has finished being built and is in transit from the factory now. She said 2-3 weeks to get here, so within the next month I hope as the dealer has to do all their checks etc. Cheers

That's sound then, hopefully mine will be the same, I will give them a call and let you know

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Looking on pistonheads that was people who had their colours changed apparently. What colour did you order? I think you will get it by the end of November fingers crossed

Dave

Yeah i have seen about the colour change malarky, glad im not involved in all that cus i went for alor blue, what about you?

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Yeah i have seen about the colour change malarky, glad im not involved in all that cus i went for alor blue, what about you?

I was boring and went Nevada White, I really like the alor blue. Makes the car stand out nicely. Lets hope your dealer has the same good news :)

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016

What was the date you placed your order

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I've ordered alor blue... friends keep saying its a girl colour..... they can ..... do one

Mickle

May 25, 2016
Just called Seat to check whether my cupra with confirmed build week 42 was in transit, but mine too has been pushed back to week 47 (started with unconfirmed build week 38).

Seems to be dragging on forever, I ordered with CVL on July 7th, and now my current one is due a service :banghead2

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Just called Seat to check whether my cupra with confirmed build week 42 was in transit, but mine too has been pushed back to week 47 (started with unconfirmed build week 38).

Seems to be dragging on forever, I ordered with CVL on July 7th, and now my current one is due a service :banghead2
July order ... arghhh . Mine was ordered mid September .... when am I likely to see it ???

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

That's a joke, I always wonder if to believe anyone when asking what's happening. How can all the build weeks be sent out a different times. Was yours DSG or manual?

If anyone was wondering I ordered on the 13th July.

Last edited:

Mickle

May 25, 2016
That's a joke, I always wonder if to believe anyone when asking what's happening. How can all the build weeks be sent out a different times. Was yours DSG or manual?

A 5dr DSG in silver, I've no idea how it works, I seem to be at the back of the queue having ordered pretty much straight away. Just frustrated I'll be due another service, and my insurance renewal will be coming up.

Does anyone have an idea on how to best handle the insurance (expires Dec)? I'd imagine I'd be better off getting temporary insurance on my current car for a month until the cupra arrives, instead of trying to change the car or cancel the policy?

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
A 5dr DSG in silver, I've no idea how it works, I seem to be at the back of the queue having ordered pretty much straight away. Just frustrated I'll be due another service, and my insurance renewal will be coming up.

Does anyone have an idea on how to best handle the insurance (expires Dec)? I'd imagine I'd be better off getting temporary insurance on my current car for a month until the cupra arrives, instead of trying to change the car or cancel the policy?

Just change the car on the new policy? You'll either get a refund or an increased premium.

I've gone from B/W 43 to 47 now, after being told I'd get the car in October upon ordering. Fuming isn't the word.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

I'm sure I was reading a lot of the DSG orders were put back as they didn't have enough gearboxes because of the golf r estate deals that are backlogged, and now the golf gti deal.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.