Build week for new Cupra 290's

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
That's 2.5 months late .... does that mean original December delivery could now be Feb March

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Just had a call from freedom vehicle contracts saying my car is now looking at mid to late December, was originally late September

Im with freedom, when did you order? I ordered july 13th and my cars registered and probably going to be with me in a few weeks. Did you get your build number and call seat for a proper update as freedom seem to lie alot when i asked, you get a much more accurate idea direct?

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
So it's like from order to delivery is not the 10-12 weeks I was told but more like 16+

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I was quite surprised they corrected the mileage on my finance documents, to the original price. I see lots of people on pistonheads were having troubles with this and only got offered a full tank of petrol instead

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I was quite surprised they corrected the mileage on my finance documents, to the original price. I see lots of people on pistonheads were having troubles with this and only got offered a full tank of petrol instead

I was one that accepted a full tank as 4000 miles of excess over 2 years, the additional 1.1p/mile on top of the 7.2p/mile is £44. A full tank is going to be ~£60-65 so quids in if you ask me.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I was one that accepted a full tank as 4000 miles of excess over 2 years, the additional 1.1p/mile on top of the 7.2p/mile is £44. A full tank is going to be ~£60-65 so quids in if you ask me.

Very true, they never gave me that option but at least its something.

TheA-Team1979

Jul 25, 2016
Can anyone confirm how long it normally takes to get the car from the dealers? is it days or weeks? Currently car less and dealers have offered me an alternative due to mine still being "Unconfirmed" Build week (Order accepted by factory 1st August!)

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Can anyone confirm how long it normally takes to get the car from the dealers? is it days or weeks? Currently car less and dealers have offered me an alternative due to mine still being "Unconfirmed" Build week (Order accepted by factory 1st August!)

Depends on the finance docs and things, I had mine 2 hours after the transporter dropped it off, others have been weeks at the dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheA-Team1979

Jul 25, 2016
Depends on the finance docs and things, I had mine 2 hours after the transporter dropped it off, others have been weeks at the dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, luckily all paperwork is dealt with, just need them to get the the car through docks and to the dealer who said they will prep it same day all being well

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Cheers, luckily all paperwork is dealt with, just need them to get the the car through docks and to the dealer who said they will prep it same day all being well

Mine arrived to DM Keiths in York on 18th October after arriving to port of tyne on Friday 14th. I signed my paperwork on 19th (not at the dealership as I'm ~300 miles away) and my 14-day cooling off period expires tomorrow 1st Nov. It gets delivered to me first thing Wednesday morning. I ordered it on July 5th...

TheA-Team1979

Jul 25, 2016
Just been told the transport guys have been instructed today to pickup from Sheerness, hopefully not many other drop offs on route so should be with dealer next few days. They are just trying to source a loan car whilst i wait as i need one for work.

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Just had an update about my order !!!

''Unfortunately we have just been updated today that Seat can no longer build your vehicle. We haven’t been given a specific reason as to why this has happened however I do know personally that Seat did cease production of the Cupra not long after your order. I understand this is inconvenient and frustrating. I have been looking into various options we have and Seat have sourced an identical vehicle for you. This vehicle is based on ‘emocion red’ paint and has the following optional extra’s added;
· Adaptive Cruise Control
· Front Assist''

On first reading this from my lease company i was thinking :censored: no more Cupra being built at all !??!?! BUT then i phoned up and its just no more black editions being built, so i've gone for the standard Cupra 290 in red.

What are the differences between black edition and normal?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

''Unfortunately we have just been updated today that Seat can no longer build your vehicle. We haven’t been given a specific reason as to why this has happened however I do know personally that Seat did cease production of the Cupra not long after your order. I understand this is inconvenient and frustrating. I have been looking into various options we have and Seat have sourced an identical vehicle for you. This vehicle is based on ‘emocion red’ paint and has the following optional extra’s added;

· Front Assist''

On first reading this from my lease company i was thinking :censored: no more Cupra being built at all !??!?! BUT then i phoned up and its just no more black editions being built, so i've gone for the standard Cupra 290 in red.

You'll get normal Cupra wheels not the upgraded ones.
Normal seats not bucket seats
No winter pack included (heated seats etc)

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016

· Front Assist''

When was your order placed?

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Ordered end of August.

Just been on the blower to confirm the order... and it IS the black edition. That email he sent first was just to say i couldnt get it in Alor blue!!! But it sounded like the car couldn't be built at all! So ive got front assist and adaptive cruise control for nout! Not all bad in the end! Just a bit of mis-communication.

4-6 weeks now for delivery, already waited 8 weeks.:cry:

TheA-Team1979

Jul 25, 2016
Thats good, my original order was alor blue and ive been offered Monsoon Grey which to be fair i quite like plus a 'token gesture' from Seat for the delay and trouble which makes the wait more bearable ;)

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Thats good, my original order was alor blue and ive been offered Monsoon Grey which to be fair i quite like plus a 'token gesture' from Seat for the delay and trouble which makes the wait more bearable ;)
So you've also had your alor blue cancelled .... when did your order go in.... mine was in mid September also alor blue

TheA-Team1979

Jul 25, 2016
So you've also had your alor blue cancelled .... when did your order go in.... mine was in mid September also alor blue

Order went in end of July and accepted by the factory on the 1st august so i would probably expect yours to be cancelled as well, probably best to chase the dealer/lease co tomorrow

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.