Build week for new Cupra 290's

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Ah righto! There's me thinking your father-in-law thought I was racing an S3 in Dordon!! It was you all along!! Ha ha. Now, I probably would have done 'out in the country'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Ah righto! There's me thinking your father-in-law thought I was racing an S3 in Dordon!! It was you all along!! Ha ha. Now, I probably would have done 'out in the country'

No not at all, its just a car that seems to bring out the worst in you, should know better at my age :)

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
Bloody hell, failed miserably Jon! Tried Eco mode all the way to work.....apart from when I got dragged into full Nasty mode when I came across an E63 on the B road to Meriden who wanted a play. We had fun. He had to brake before the bends but was pulling away on the longer straights. Anyway, still ended up over 30mpg and I quite liked the coasting into the limited areas. Think I started on 80 Eco Points, went up to 90 something, then Cupra mode drank the points back down to 83! I've got such a low temptation threshold. Do they do Cupras Anonymous self-help therapy anywhere in Tamworth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOT
Sounds fun My first stone chip was been behind a nissan gtir always gives u
That temptation to have a play . Try a jb1 I think it would even things out :ban:

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
Got mine on the 30th from Stoneacre and it was bang on 4 months from ordering and I have to say I absolutely love it. Coming from an 80bhp Golf S the power is unreal but also a very very good car to drive. I had agreed a £250 rebate and £250 shopping vouchers. The delivery boy Mike (very helpfuly from Autoworld Chesterfield) had the cheque with him on arrival which was unexpected. Originally had ordered Dynamic Grey but changed to Nevada White and I am now glad it actually did get changed, looks class.

After ordering I wish I had went for side skirts but now am not to fussed as in my opinion the car looks a lot better in the flesh. The inner lighting when dark is fantastic and something that I wasn't aware of.

Anyone still waiting on theres.. it is certainly worth the wait :D :D

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Got mine on the 30th from Stoneacre and it was bang on 4 months from ordering and I have to say I absolutely love it. Coming from an 80bhp Golf S the power is unreal but also a very very good car to drive. I had agreed a £250 rebate and £250 shopping vouchers. The delivery boy Mike (very helpfuly from Autoworld Chesterfield) had the cheque with him on arrival which was unexpected. Originally had ordered Dynamic Grey but changed to Nevada White and I am now glad it actually did get changed, looks class.

After ordering I wish I had went for side skirts but now am not to fussed as in my opinion the car looks a lot better in the flesh. The inner lighting when dark is fantastic and something that I wasn't aware of.

Anyone still waiting on theres.. it is certainly worth the wait :D :D

Glad you're enjoying mate :)

Had mine since the 14th and just done over 1k miles in it now, i decided id follow the run-in recommendations in the manual, i thought it was fairly quick up to 4k rpm but pushing it to run line is just another level :) it just goes and goes

I have been really impressed with the level of grip even with the weather and road conditions at the moment, i just love the dual personality between rocket ship in cupra and then calm sleeper in comfort mode.

Couple of little things id like to change like the mirror fold in when you lock the car rather than having to hold the button, i dont see the point in having the option in the menu when you still have to hold the button. Road noise is a bit louder than expected but other than that its awesome.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Can't wait to join you lot this week hopefully saying I have it. Car at dealer and skirts being fitted at their body shop. Hope they match colour bang on!
Frustrated that I have now delayed by getting side skirts.
Also then need to train a 100 miles to collect it.....
#lightattheendofthetunnel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Well after nearly 4 months waiting I got the train to Peterborough and collected a rather stunning Cupra today.
Finally one very happy bunny!!
Car is everything you could ask for, performance just mind blowing stuff in Cupra mode.
Fuel gauge dropping rather quickly!!!!

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
92ebf10d640f52a0b19ea3cbefefbcb4.jpg
0afe2ac41894f1233dbe6c4e25a9a6c5.jpg

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Hope yours goes well. Managed to get 2 Stone chips on the bonnet on the way up the A1!! Grrrr

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
They are great cars and so quick. I've absolutely no regrets in getting mine whatsoever. It's got some attitude in Cupra mode and they are properly rare. I've not seen another one, other than my neighbour's, since I got it in September. Enjoy!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

Same colour and 5-door like yours...but I'm missing the side skirts - they really make it in my opinion. Why weren't they fitted as standard by Seat for the Cupra seeing as it's supposed to be the top-spec model? At the very least the run-out special BE's should have had them! It's a shame CVL wanted the full cost of fitting the skirts over the two year term or I would have chosen them too.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Thanks chaps, I am very happy, the car, it is everything I loved about my Diesel Mk3 FR but just ramped up on steroids. It really is a true Jeckyl and Hyde car. Comfort for the Wife and family, then Cupra when the red mist falls!!

Side skirts were fitted free as compensation for the colour change from Dynamic Monsoon. Thanks to this forum I managed to get that beast for £249 x 24 10k and no deposit.
Must have been cheapest deal in the country????

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Looks really nice mate, as evoke the skirts really finish it nicely i didnt even know they didnt come as standard when i ordered it.

I really love the car but I've done over 1k miles now and Im a bit disappointed by the lack of noise the ST makes compared to what i have seen in reviews of the 290 SC and 5dr its just a bit too quiet and any noise is does make when you push it in cupra mode is drowned out by the sound actuator (which might accidentally get unplugged soon) :)

You can tell they just havent touched the exhaust on the ST which is a bit of shame, while i dont like it screaming 'look how fast im going' I would like to hear it a bit.

Cant wait for the better weather now, mostly so i can stop wanting to wash it every 5 mins :D

I dont think fuel wise its too bad its just a bit of a smaller tank on it than my last car, last time i checked it said the average was about 29mpg.

Clifftoff

Aug 7, 2016
Somerset
Agreed, the sides skirts make it look much nicer in my opinion and as you say, they should have been standard on the cupra bineg the top model or at least as part of the 'Black' line spec.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Yep, I know what you mean re washing it. Rained again and took it out last night and I'm trying to resist the urge to wash it again as less than 23hrs since last wash!!
My 8 year old Boy loves the car, insisted on school run drop off this morning.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Question for anyone who have already had their delivery..... how long from build week to shipping to delivery can I expect.... I know my build week (6) but don't know when to plan to expect it .... thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Question for anyone who have already had their delivery..... how long from build week to shipping to delivery can I expect.... I know my build week (6) but don't know when to plan to expect it .... thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From build week to delivery is about 4 weeks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.