Bump Stops

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
just find some ebay ones, i dont think there are any model specific bumpstops, they're a ******* to fit though

I thought that they would be! I just had a little bit of a feeling they would be. Would it even be worth changing them??

Also going alittle off thread, how long should it take for a lowering suspension kit to settle?? Ive had mine on since the 2nd or 3rd week in april and they are still rock hard, should they be softer over time?

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
if youve put uprated lower springs and shocks.. id expect it to be stiffer lol, mine certainly is.

as for the bump stops, just a case of whiping the top mounts off and swapping them. will need a spring compresser for the fronts .

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
my weitecs have been on for a few months now and are fairly stiff. im going 4 up to westonsupermare on friday so ill see how much it moves with some fatties in the car :cartman:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
300miles as a rule of thumb for suspension to run in.

What suspension kit do you have. My uprated suspension was ROCK HARD. Coilovers however are more civilised I have found

Ive got an Evosport Kit, both struts and springs. They are alittle softer than when the were first put on but not that muc. Only good thing bout them being harder is that it reduces body roll compared to the standard ones. There is still alittle bit of movement but it isnt as bad as it was with the standard ones on!!

Id love coilovers but sadly, i cant afford them :cry:

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
My suspension has been on about 2 months/2k miles and are still stiff as feck, like me you will just have to live with it until you can finance some coilies.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.