Busy Weekend...

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Well it’s been a busy weekend for me, modifying my car and enjoying the hot sunshine

Started off yesterday with a couple of mates fitting my newly acquired H&R Cup Kit along with new top mounts front and rear. By the sounds of things I changed the front just in time as the factory ones had just about had it. They practically compressed under their own weight.

Today I spent pretty much all day repainting my brake callipers. Started off with some brake cleaner, then used a Dremel to remove the loose flakes and tidy them up a little and then applied the paint. I’m pretty happy with the results and look much better than the ‘pink’ ones I had previously.

Anyway here are a few photos including before and after shots, there’s quite a bit of difference and I’m pretty pleased with the result. Going in tomorrow to have the wheel alignment and camber checked to be on the safe side.

Comments welcome

Before
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

After
IMG_0002a.jpg

IMG_0003a.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Calipers
IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Last edited:

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Well it’s been a busy weekend for me, modifying my car and enjoying the hot sunshine

Started off yesterday with a couple of mates fitting my newly acquired H&R Cup Kit alone with new top mounts front and rear. By the sounds of things I changed the front just in time as the factory ones had just about had it. They practically compressed under their own weight.

Today I spent pretty much all day repainting my brake callipers. Started off with some brake cleaner, then used a Dremel to remove the loose flakes and tidy them up a little and then applied the paint. I’m pretty happy with the results and look much better than the ‘pink’ ones I had previously.

Anyway here are a few photos including before and after shots, there’s quite a bit of difference and I’m pretty pleased with the result. Going in tomorrow to have the wheel alignment and camber checked to be on the safe side.

Comments welcome

Very nice job on the calipers and the OZ SLs look great, makes such a difference when you can nsee nice shiny calipers through the rims! My LCR rears went pink and flaked - dealer said they wouldn't sort so I spent a day cross legged on the drive with a paint brush and some wet/dry cloth. :clap:

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Sits a lot better John - brakes look like they should do as well .... does this mean you'll be chasing Mike and Karl now?

It does look a lot better than in the photos, and you're right its definatley meant to be at this height. Still don't have nearly enough power as Mike and Karl . I've got a few more things to do to mine before i part with lots of money and go for more power.

Very nice job on the calipers and the OZ SLs look great, makes such a difference when you can nsee nice shiny calipers through the rims! My LCR rears went pink and flaked - dealer said they wouldn't sort so I spent a day cross legged on the drive with a paint brush and some wet/dry cloth. :clap:

Thats exactly the posture i had when doing mine - crossed legged, enjoying the sun, painting my calipers. I've got a Homer Simpson tan now on my arms and the back of my neck :redface:

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
I like to keep it clean, although saying that, if it wasn't black then if i'm honest it wouldn't be clean all the time. I've got into the habit of cleaning it regularly so its not a pain anymore. ;)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Nice mate, I need to do the calipers on Seli's motor, you got any of that paint left?

Got some pics of our two over the weekend, went to town on them, actually, we got the Blue one Machine Polished... it looks immense!! ;)

Nice work, I do like Black Cupra's :D

Mike

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Nice mate, I need to do the calipers on Seli's motor, you got any of that paint left?

Got some pics of our two over the weekend, went to town on them, actually, we got the Blue one Machine Polished... it looks immense!! ;)

Nice work, I do like Black Cupra's :D

Mike

I bought a 500ml tin from Halfords for £9, looking at it i've hardly used any from the tin, and i applied two coats

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Yeah I used the smooth blue on my Saxo Westcoast, did the calipers at front (and the drums at the back!) Looked good tho lol

Good stuff that Hammerite... lol

Mike

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
looks great, love superleggra's too. Ride height looks awesome too - you having any issues with scrubbing on the rears? Who's is the blue one? looks bloody low at the back!

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
looks great, love superleggra's too. Ride height looks awesome too - you having any issues with scrubbing on the rears? Who's is the blue one? looks bloody low at the back!

I've not had any scrubbinh issues YET, there's always time. People are pretty much banned from the back of my car now, mind you i hardly took anyone anywhere as it was.

The blue one is my sisters boyfriends, he and a mate did mine, his has been done for about 9 months now, think its 60/70mm at the back

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Next step is to sort the flaking laquer on the drivers side Brembo!

The result of yet another hopeful warranty claim trip to the SEAT dealer where I came back with my pants down! Why do they bother giving warrantys out?

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I am half tempted to put some yellow AP racing 6 pots on the front - I think yellow would look ace with the Platinum body.

I would love for my car to have the same braking response as the M3 I did my track day in - that had APR 6 pots with Pagid Blue pads and it outbroke pretty much everything else there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.