Buying a leon that needs replacement gearbox

Oct 10, 2022
Buying a Leon that needs replacement gearbox

Planning on buying a 2009 fr550 Seat Leon mk2 that needs a replacement gearbox due to gearbox bearing failure, could this have damaged the engine? Or anything else?
I viewed the car before the bearings failed everything seemed to be perfect except bearing noise before it went but the owner said it went while driving

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Buying a Leon that needs replacement gearbox

Planning on buying a 2009 fr550 Seat Leon mk2 that needs a replacement gearbox due to gearbox bearing failure, could this have damaged the engine? Or anything else?
I viewed the car before the bearings failed everything seemed to be perfect except bearing noise before it went but the owner said it went while driving
The chances are it’ll be fine. In a perfect world you’d change the clutch and flywheel at the same time but I appreciate that these things cost alot more money but If your gonna keep the car for awhile id recommend that. I know that it’ll look fine and there wasn’t a issue with the clutch prior etc but it’ll save you £400/500 labour in the future should you then develop a issue with those parts.

Reactions: mty12345
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members