CAI help

Vidal Baboon

Hi, looking to do a Stage 1 remap on my Cupra, be it a Custom Code or REVO- I've yet to look into it properly. (Any reviews on either of those would be handy too!)

I'm also looking into a CAI kit as I like my music- sometimes I get a little carried away & hit the limiter- or the torque dies off over 6k revs.
I think fitting an induction kit would help me hear the engine over the stereo- let's be honest, it's not the most intrusive engine note in the World! :D

As I read it, it looks like I need to ditch the engine cover & replace it with a metal tube with a filter situated behind the N/S headlight.

So far I've seen composite & metal pipes- i'm guessing the metal pipes would sound meatier than a plastic one?

I've also read the review on the ITG one fitted to an S3- very helpfull, but it looks like a very well made bit of kit (read pricey), what other value for money kits are available off the shelf- that will compliment a stg 1 remap?

Also, I don't want to overlook just a plain old panel filter replacement- worth considering too?

Thanks in advance.

the cheaper option is to just turn the stereo down, I very much doubt that an induction kit is going to drown out the stereo and you should pay more attention to the rev counter too ;) The ITG kit is actually cheaper than the other favourite - EVOMS so it terms of cost its a bargin it also looks better designed. A panel filter may increase the noise a little but i very much doubt it, in fact i use a Green Cotton Filter (thanks rob :) )and I don't think noise wise it makes much difference.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
unless you plan on going further than stage 1 you might awell just get a panel filter although you wouldnt feel much difference at all.

Poverty

If your gonna drive fast just turn the music down. Much better listening to the exhaust. Although saying that if you havent got a map on yours yet there isnt really anything much or worthwhile to listen to. STD cupras sound ****.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.