Caliper rewind

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
On my Mk1 Toledo rear brake caliper piston I have 2 little notches, does this mean I need the little rewind tool and wind it in or can I just push it back in with a G clamp ? Thanks.

Tolly

Feb 5, 2009
Leeds
Or some thin nose pliers that will go in the holes.... Last time I did some of these type on my MK2 Golf I used large water pump pliers....

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Using pliers is hard work, you will get tired and slip, and risk ripping the flexible boot. Not to mention the cuts and bruises. Been there, done that, soiled the T-shirt.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
yep definatly need the windback tool... mine were very stiff and even struggled with the windback tool... so a pair of pliars may not be the best move

Tolly

Feb 5, 2009
Leeds
I had no problems with the pliers.... mind you I was doing it in the workshop of a mechanical engineering works so that might have helped:D

Graebob

Chiming in with another yes after I cracked a G Clamp in half last weekend doing mine on my Mk2. The LASER tool from Halfords is great, sorts everything out super fast, bit of a fiddle to attach but only takes seconds when fitted.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.