Can anyone in derbyshire help with a boost leak

DIZZYCUPRA

I have a 2003 210bhp cupra r thats been mapped a while back b4t the last couple of days when driving steady then coming on boost i can hear a funny noise like a jet im getting the normal whistle then this jet like sound comes in the fades out about 5k?

if i launch it through the gears i dont get the noise it only happens when driving steady then start to accelerate, i have spent 3 hours today checking hoses and im pulling my hair out now, im just looking for a bit of help or if someone can give me a hand or even test it for me as i dont know what else to do im in the derbyshire area but dont mind travelling if someone can find itr for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Check the N75 hose where it comes of the charge pipe on the inside - check it carefully, give it a good squidge. Check the DV hose there too. While you've got the engine cover off look for a "Y" pipe at the front right and check that.

Check the fan hasn't rubbed through the MAP pipe.

Split hoses are a beatch to find, try taking it to JBS.

DIZZYCUPRA

spoke to a few people about checking it for me but they have all said they can only do what i have already done :( dont want to be paying 50 quid a hour to check something i already have, i have seen people post about using a tennis ball and pumping air in the system this isnt something im sure on so could do with finding someone near me that can maybe do it for me?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.