Car cuts out when starting up - immobiliser active on dash

Oct 23, 2022
Hi I've got a seat leon cupra 2016. Having an issue with it ever since I changed the battery in the key fob the car cuts out when I start it up - I've got a stop start error and immobiliser active message on the dash . Can anyone advice me on this?

Oct 23, 2022
I had a locksmith do it so unsure - I don't even have a spare key either . I've just started the car now a couple of times and the fault isn't there only seems to do it now and then 😔

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I had a locksmith do it so unsure - I don't even have a spare key either . I've just started the car now a couple of times and the fault isn't there only seems to do it now and then 😔
Seems highly likely they damaged the chip, ive seen cases before where the chip is cracked and only works intermitantly. They are quite fragile, take it back to them. Most locksmiths can clone the chip onto a fresh one, hopefully for free given the circumstances.

Oct 23, 2022
So couldn he clone the chip and put the new chip in the keyfob?

Do I need to worry about my car cutting out during drive? I've drove it and it's been fine but never know

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
So couldn he clone the chip and put the new chip in the keyfob?

Do I need to worry about my car cutting out during drive? I've drove it and it's been fine but never know
Yeah most locksmiths can. The chips are only a few quid, but you need the means to program them

Car will be fine to drive, the immobiliser only communicates with the chip when you start the engine. Once it's running it won't cut out even if the chip stops working

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.