Car has updated!

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, the PHEV has now covered over 1000 miles and the initial screen freezing issues were resolved by installation of the latest software.

Anyway whilst sitting in the car yesterday morning ready to set off I had a message ‘update settings’ yes/no. I pressed yes and since then the car has defaulted to Hybrid rather than fully electric which came as a surprise when the engine started as I was expecting a fully electric journey.

50% of my trips usually exceed the electric range so on these trips I select Hybrid to maximise the efficiency between electric and petrol.

Is there a learning function?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
That's the same 'can I please randomly reset your choices' box I get each time I start my conventional 1.5 FR, so it's probably defaulting a choice you've previously made somewhere in the options.

I click 'no' every single time I start the car now, in addition to turning off lane assist and restarting the infotainment system when I need to get the air con to work - modern cars are such fun!

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Too clever these days, before the update the ACC and lane assist kept going off line and would only work again on a restart. At least I seem to have avoided the ACC glitch where the car won’t let you overtake on the motorway. The traffic sign recognition defaults back to KPH (110) as I join the motorway then after a couple of miles it goes back to 70! It to mention there auto lights not switching off when it becomes daylight.

A/c works well. If anything (I might regret saying this) the cars working much better now than when I took delivery and that’s another story with the PDI not being done properly. All tyres at transport pressure 48psi, no screen wash and a window seal distorted. plus not really valeted to an acceptable standard.

Delberthot

Sep 8, 2021
I want my Ateca to start in Eco mode but it always starts in normal. A quick look a the manual reveals the following nonsense:

When the engine is switched off it will
store the driving profile that was selected
when the ignition was turned off. When restarted,
the engine and the gearbox will
start in their Normal mode.

So the first sentence states that if I switch the engine off and it was in sport mode then it will store the fact that I was in sport mode but when I start it, it will completely disregard what it has stored and start in normal mode.

Glad they cleared that one up 🧐

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I want my Ateca to start in Eco mode but it always starts in normal. A quick look a the manual reveals the following nonsense:

When the engine is switched off it will
store the driving profile that was selected
when the ignition was turned off. When restarted,
the engine and the gearbox will
start in their Normal mode.

So the first sentence states that if I switch the engine off and it was in sport mode then it will store the fact that I was in sport mode but when I start it, it will completely disregard what it has stored and start in normal mode.

Glad they cleared that one up 🧐

Que.jpeg

Delberthot

Sep 8, 2021
I always have it in Eco. When I restart the engine, the dial lights up that it is in Eco but the dash display indicates D1 rather than E1 so I have to rotate the dial in one direction then back again for it to actually go back into Eco

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Reading this thread makes me pleased we did not opt for the hybrid. We've had enough glitches with the software on our Mk 4 Leon 150 as it is (currently awaiting a patch for the SOS error and further investigation into Front Assist occasionally stopping) without having more to do with Hybrid/Eco etc

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise