Car is jinxed

Deleted member 7729

Well had some t0sser pull out in front of me and stopped this morning as I was coming off the roundabout. Went slidding into the back of him, so now the joy of more money on car repairs :(

Will prob do insuracem, but the headlight fixing is broken along with other stuff. I suppose could look at an LCR front bumper....

Deleted member 7729

How many of you would change it for an LCR bumper or leave it standard?

Deleted member 7729

True but then at the same time I'm tempted to leave it standard. I'm one of these people where I'd buy an LCR instead of make it look like one.. But then I couldn't afford a low milage LCR at the time. I do like the LCR front though, it depends what the cost difference is etc. as the insurance is doing it and TBH I just want my car back as it should be.. I've only just bought £80 worth of Meg's cleaning gear :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
bloomin heck Mikey, not having much luck are you. Probably one of those Pompey pl*nkers no doubt :( grrr

Anyway, depends how much its gonna cost you really - LCR bumper would look nice and lets face it, you've pretty much got LCR power under the bonnet :)

I recon, if you sold it on, nobody would notice that its got a different bumper. The FR's had an FR+ which had mix and match LCR bits here and there but essentially still a cupra, the FR's were the cupra renamed, most with no difference other than alloys....

Go for it if its cheap enough - and good luck with all the paperwork :( I havent drivin my LC for about 1.5weeks now - 1 trip to the supermarket thats 1mile up the road and thats it.......
(seemed like my clutch was VERY heavy on said journey - suppose its due to it sitting parked up for a while - or the fact I'm used to a 1ltr corsa's clutch :( )

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
mikey trust me i know how you feel. had my car from new for about 3 weeks when a guy reversed into drivers side in a car park [:@] .

then a few months later a guy came the wrong way around a one way stretch of road and kindly headed straight for me :censored: .

it gets you down at the time, but trust me the car isn't jinxed, it's just the increase of tos*ers on the roads these days.

Deleted member 7729

What's the price diff between the LC and LCR bumper? Snows Motor Repair are probably doing it..

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
If you're not paying for it, Snows is ok. However I've heard that they are expensive, and that "Colourtech" (not sure on spelling) just near toys r us in portsmouth do a very good job and are much cheaper. The SEAT guys seem to recommend them anyway.
I'd assume that you aint paying though, so go for it :) Let me know how good the job is when its done mate, I need my wing sorted and not sure if its a respray job or not.

Deleted member 7729

Yeah will do. I'm probably going to leave them to repair / replace the orginal bumper with the cupra style.

Fingers crossed it's ok, I just want my car back as it should and then I can get on and clean it again.

Deleted member 7729

Not sure what to do. Car gets looked at tomorrow so fingers crossed! Now do I go for the LCR front end... Not sure what it'd look like with the 03 17" wheels etc

Will the fogs on an 03 LC fit on an LCR bumper

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILLED76

Id replace it with like for like matey, when you come to sell it standard is always best as the market for modified vehicles is always smaller as alot of insurance companies wont touch cars with even slight mods. Trust me standard is best when it comes to resale.

Deleted member 7729

CHILLED76 said:
Id replace it with like for like matey, when you come to sell it standard is always best as the market for modified vehicles is always smaller as alot of insurance companies wont touch cars with even slight mods. Trust me standard is best when it comes to resale.

Yeah that's the main thought at the moment, plus I'm still one of these people where if I want an LCR I'll get one (if I can afford it) rather than have a look alike

I suppose, just got to wait for D day tomorrow at Snows with the quote :( prob going to pay for it myself to keep the insurance down as I don't want to be raped for the next 5 years etc.

Then it'll be tyres next month :( bollocks it's expensive. Think i'll have to ask work if I can do callout more (£250 a week just for having the phone) so 4 weeks on the trot would sort this out..

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I still stand by my earlier comments on this - there is no way that an insurance company / potential buyer could prove what bumper came on your car - the FR's are mixed and matched, come with both sets of bumpers, and its a genuine SEAT bumper anyway, so the front bumper would go unnoticed.

But like you said, its your car and if you don't want a look-a-like then stick with std.

Deleted member 7729

I've just got them to quote for a standard MY03 bumper in the end.

Loads of unhappy BMWs down there, cooper works S mini and M3 :( eek

Deleted member 7729

£1400 for new bumper, grill, one headlight and re-spray. They're on about respaying th front bonnet as well.. Can't see anything wrong with the Bonnett!

2006 is a very shite year, please bring on 2007

Time to sell my SPS 3 etc

My insurance is £300 excess.. but depends how much they rape me over the renewals.. As for the SPS i'll prob sell it and just leave Revo on. But equally I may see if I can get the ECU sold and swapped for a standard one. Oh I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 7729

Pabs said:
ouch - thats a hell of a lot of money considering the price of the parts....

I know, tell me about it. Just come back from Testwood body repair centre and they can't get a quote for me till mid next week. They think that the bumper doesn't need to be changed, just cosmetically repaired. However another prob, earliest they can repair it is first week of April :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.