Car not staying in cupra mode.

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Right this maybe me feeling something that isnt actually happening but here goes.

When i am in individual mode with the engine set to cupra, when i select sport mode the throttle response is alot quicker like it has changed from comfort to sport.
Yet if i stop the car in sport mode, Then get back in it later the throttle response is like it is in comfort again?

Is cupra mode for the engine only enabled when the engine is a certain temp or something? It seems like i have to keep reselecting cupra for the engine.
Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
When you turn the car off it reverts to comfort engine mode, the rest will stay in cupra, I believe this is to dis encourage certain types of driving when the car is cold.

I have individual set to comfort steering and suspension with the engine set to cupra, I need to select comfort then individual every time I get in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rob280

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
You need to select individual (or cupra) mode after every start up. Default engine goes back to standard mode despite your “individual” config.. Just push the symbol again and you will be back in cupra mode regarding engine.

(I don't swap between Comfort / Individ, just press Individ)

If the Engine is warm you can look at the rmp, the idle increase 200 rpm when Engine in cupra mode.

/Peter

PS Sorry didn't se your posting Ray...

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
You need to select individual (or cupra) mode after every start up. Default engine goes back to standard mode despite your “individual” config.. Just push the symbol again and you will be back in cupra mode regarding engine.

(I don't swap between Comfort / Individ, just press Individ)

If the Engine is warm you can look at the rmp, the idle increase 200 rpm when Engine in cupra mode.

/Peter
So should i go into then individual mode the press engine mode and press cupra again?
Sorry if i sound thick

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I think (I wasn’t aware you could do this) is just press whichever mode you wish to be in, so if you wish to be in cupra mode all the time then you only have to press “cupra” on the screen (even thought this will already be highlighted) and you will be in the “real” cupra mode. :)

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Right i am thick
Just re read your post. You are saying to reselect individual mode each time. Cheers

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Lol. I responded as you responded. Cheers to Ray and Theswede.

Reactions: ray

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I was a little bit confused before I detected how simple it is. The trigger to check is the increased rpm to about 1000 rpm on hot engine. I don’t think there is any difference in rpm with cold Engine.

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
I was a little bit confused before I detected how simple it is. The trigger to check is the increased rpm to about 1000 rpm on hot engine. I don’t think there is any difference in rpm with cold Engine.
Ok. Never noticed the idle speed go up before. Will start to look.
Never had this trouble in my mk1 cupra R lol.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I never noticed the idle speed difference either, will need to check.

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
Seems to be the same for dsg cars, when you put the gearbox into sport mode (and are ordinarily in individual or Cupra modes upon startup)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members