Car pulling to the left, tracking done frnt & rear

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
Jut wondering if anyone else had this problem with ther leon fr 170. Ive had tracking done on the front wheels and rear wheels four wheel alignment and was spot on for several weeks and has now started slightly pullin to the left again. Ive got standard shocks with h&r springs. I had the problem before springs were fitted aswell. Seems to be fine for while after it was tracked. already threads on this but i cant find a definet answer lots of urmin and arein no ones sure.

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
My '11 Cupra does this. I've also had everything checked, alignments done, wheels have been road force balanced and it still does it. I've stopped worrying about it mate

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
My '11 Cupra does this. I've also had everything checked, alignments done, wheels have been road force balanced and it still does it. I've stopped worrying about it mate

Its a pet hate for me, i had it tracked an its come undone slightly, i duno whether to replace all four tyres to some good ones might help, and swap my shocks for coilys

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
Jut wondering if anyone else had this problem with ther leon fr 170. Ive had tracking done on the front wheels and rear wheels four wheel alignment and was spot on for several weeks and has now started slightly pullin to the left again. Ive got standard shocks with h&r springs. I had the problem before springs were fitted aswell. Seems to be fine for while after it was tracked. already threads on this but i cant find a definet answer lots of urmin and arein no ones sure.

Hi, can you post the info on the tracking and have also had them perform a set back value? (most likely not)

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
The position of two wheels on a axel.
Eg Castor.

Are both front tyres similar tread depth?

Ye think ive found out why its doin it now, found a wheel weight on the floor on my drive where i park my car, old man found it there a few weeks ago, was completely oblivious to it bein mine though so ill get my wheel balanced at tyrer see if that sorts it. (Just read on another thread someone had exact same problem his was tracked and after a trackday the brakes got that hot they melted a wheel weight which fell off lol)

springer

May 30, 2010
Surely that would just make the steering wheel vibrate at around 50+mph.
Get a pic of the 4 wheel alignment up mate

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011

Ye just had wheels balanced didnt seem to do much im tryin cant log into phoobucket atm, i put some 10mm spacers on it which caused vibration because they didnt have the lip on them like the rear 15mm ones do which stopped it from being central to the hub but spacers or no spacers stil pulls slightly to left :(

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
If it pulls to the left you best get a full laser alignment done. If the alignment is okay or can't be corrected properly you may have something bent such as a wishbone etc.

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
Ye i have had front and rear wheels tracked, im gunna have to sort this front spacer out get the tracking re checked if still no good get my mechanic check it out

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
image-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

springer

May 30, 2010
So thats the current measurements,you also have the option on those machines to print before and after measurements.
Right,so theres nearly a degree difference in the rear camber which is adjustable so they should have adjusted it and got the back right before moving onto the front.
So basically the thrust line will be wrong if they go and adjust the front.

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
So thats the current measurements,you also have the option on those machines to print before and after measurements.
Right,so theres nearly a degree difference in the rear camber which is adjustable so they should have adjusted it and got the back right before moving onto the front.

How do u adjust the camber?

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011

How do u adjust the camber?

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
image-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mines been like this now since I lowered it RHF camber slightly out. Been told off a few garages and the place that done mine which has a hunter wheel alignment that a lot of mk2 Leon's are like this. You can move subframe but only adjusts camber a little bit. Don't really notice it on mine apart from driving on 1 or 2 roads around mine where the road has a bad camber. Tyres wear out the same so it doesn't really bother me.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise