Car Wobble/Shake

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
hello guys this is my first post, I need your help, iv jus brought my Leon about 3 weeks ago and it has only done 8000 miles it was fine when I brought it, but today I was on the motorway and as soon as I got to speeds of about 70 and above the whole car started to shake!! I mean I could feel vibrations in the clutch, steering wheel the dash in the seats, it was all over do you have any ideas what might be up before I go to the dealers the motorway road surface was good the weather was sunny and there wasn’t much wind about as well, and also i have noticed now when I am on normal roads that I hear a squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension

All the help will be much appreciated

Thanks Guys

Last edited by a moderator:

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
you could check the wheels are balanced I know this happened to a friend he lost one of the weights.. Might be worth a look.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
happened to me on my old astra, it threw a large weight off one of the front wheels and it was terrible above 60mph.

won't cost alot to get it checked out first.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Wheel balance would be the first to check, then check the wheels are bolted on tightly and have not worked loose. Worrying I know, however check they are OK too.

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
cheers guys for your feedback much appreciated, il get all four wheels checked out today, hopefully this solves the problem, i will let you know how it goes

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Just got back from the garage all four tyres were out of balance and 2 back wheels out of alignment, just took it for a little test drive and theres no more wobble :) im a happy man now lol cheers for the help:)

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Nice, its good that you got it all sorted. Im heading for 4new tyres in the next few weeks. Can't wait - all my wheels are badly in need of balancing.

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
yh i got on the motorway and thought what the hells going on here, yh its amazing how wheels effect the ride of a car,

Michael B what sort of tyres you going for?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
I currently have the goodyear eagle fr symetricals on - good tyre in the dry, though ive found they wear in the centre more than outside (unevenly). I have 4 ASYMETRICALS ordered, supposed to be the dogs danglies..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise