Car wont start! help

mexicupra

Jul 5, 2005
was Cambridge now Mexico
Guys i need your help.

took my car out of the garage the other day and it started fine, got to my destination popped out to pick something up and then when i jumped back in to go my car wouldnt start! i turn the ignition on and all lights on the dash board turn on fine there are no warning lights that stay on, but when i turn the key to turn it over absolutely nothing happens!! any ideas??? please help cos i have taken it to my dealer under warranty and they cant find the problem.
i managed to start it by bumping the car.

Angusrob

Jan 11, 2005
Tayside
Does the car run normaly once bumped? Until I read that u bumped it I was thinking it might be the imobiliser / electronic key recognition. But then again wouldn't that log on diagnostic? Don't let it get U down, some of the fine folk on here will spot the problem. Sounds like ure dealer is a bit poor?

does it start by jumping??????

just out of interest, i was told not to bump a car with a cat, something bout un-burnt fuel makes the lamdba sensor spit it's dummy out. is there any truth in this??

T. Spark

Vicky M said:
does it start by jumping??????

just out of interest, i was told not to bump a car with a cat, something bout un-burnt fuel makes the lamdba sensor spit it's dummy out. is there any truth in this??

Sorry, not helping the thread...

I think there is some truth in that tho, the garage near me said not to jump start with another car/pack as could knacker sumet up.. didnt say wot tho...

Jenks01

My car didn't start the other day too!

Called the AA man, and the wire to my starter motor had snapped! He said it didn't have enough slack in it, so SEAT are obviously stingey with the length of wire to the starter motor!

Sounds like it is becoming a common problem.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
wire to the starter motor for sure, mine did this and the AA man changed it for me, just a bugger to get to as you have to remove the battery to get to it.

Silly SEAT design

mexicupra

Jul 5, 2005
was Cambridge now Mexico
Guys and girls you are all spot on!!! they finally managed to find the problem and as you all mentioned it was the cable that had popped off/broken off the starter motor. I still am of the opinion that this forum is the nuts! it puts Seat to shame, as it should not be possible that you all know more than the mechanics that get paid to "know what they are talking about"
Any how, thanks peeps i appreciate the quick responses and all the help you all gave.
Oh, they said that the cable broke off due to the mexican heat !!! lol divs!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.