Car won't start

Oct 1, 2022
Good evening, my Seat Leon won't start. It is showing an Error Stabilisation Control fault, there is also a fault coming up saying the there is a Tyre pressure problem. Can anybody help? Thanks

Oct 1, 2022
Thanks for your reply, I have put on a new Battery but it is still the same. All the Dashboard lights etc come on ok when I turn on the Ignition but when I try to start the car it is dead and then I get the codes up.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
If it's not the battery it could be the ECU having a wobble.

When you changed the battery, did you code it to tell the car you had changed it? I don't think it should stop it startintg though.

When I recently changed my battery, I got those faults, but it did start and they clear after a few mins.

Can you get access to a fault code reader to see if you can get any more info?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Thanks for your reply, I have put on a new Battery but it is still the same. All the Dashboard lights etc come on ok when I turn on the Ignition but when I try to start the car it is dead and then I get the codes up.
When you say dead, you mean the starter motor doesn't even turn? If so maybe worth checking the starter relay. I'm not familiar with the electrics in the Mk3, but sometimes you will find that another relay will be identical and you can swap them over for testing. Failing that then you can pull the starter relay out and jump the main contacts with a suitable wire.