Carbon roof wrap care

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Very proud owner of a lovely carbon wrap on the roof of my K1. I am however a little concerned over maintaining its looks. Can anybody recommend a cleaning regime/products or is it best to leave alone and just wash off with soapy water once a week

Here,s a couple of pics

K1effecta.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
As its material I am not sure what you can do...You can wash it normally of course but not sure how it will react to chemicals. The people who wrapped it for you, did they give you any advise?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
:D I want. As above, where did you get this done?

where you get that done and how much was it looks really good

As its material I am not sure what you can do...You can wash it normally of course but not sure how it will react to chemicals. The people who wrapped it for you, did they give you any advise?

Was done by a local vinyl company in Middlesbrough. Mine was the first one they have done - so i was a bit of a guinea pig really, although it turned out really well. They couldn't, really offer any maintenance advice as its a new material to them.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
with it been a carbon fibre look alike vinly would say that it is ok to wash with soapy water and should be ok to polish too

there is a mirror i have just covered in real carbon fibre could of done it two ways 1 was to flat it back and polish which gives it natural state and the other way is to flat it back and lacquer which is what i went for just to make it easy to fix if somebody scrapes it or hit a branch etc

2009_0814a10003.jpg

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
with it been a carbon fibre look alike vinly would say that it is ok to wash with soapy water and should be ok to polish too

there is a mirror i have just covered in real carbon fibre could of done it two ways 1 was to flat it back and polish which gives it natural state and the other way is to flat it back and lacquer which is what i went for just to make it easy to fix if somebody scrapes it or hit a branch etc

Nice that. Had 1 of my mirrors done to see what it looked like but didn,t suit the car. Less is more if you know what i mean.

sohail92

Was done by a local vinyl company in Middlesbrough. Mine was the first one they have done - so i was a bit of a guinea pig really, although it turned out really well. They couldn't, really offer any maintenance advice as its a new material to them.

Hey, I know this is an old thread but I was hoping to find out which company you used for the vinyl wrapping and if I could have some contact details for them. As I live in Middlesbrough and would like to use a local company to do some work.

Thanks
Sohail

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise