Carriers for Porsche boxter S rear calipers?

spawns3

Hi there ,

I have this calipers to fit on my audi A3 PD 130 , I want to fit them with the 312/25mm , where i can find the brackets or caliper adaptor to my carriers?

Cheers

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
dave brown on ukmk1vs sells them mate...

usual price of 120 quid delivered, i have them for my 996 carrera rears, great piece of kit

brilliant guy aswell. i have his tel number, if you want it ill pm you or look on ukm1vs for daveb1970 i think it is....

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi mate, I got a set of carriers from a guy called Dave Brown, he was selling them on ebay but will send them free of charge to members. They look brilliant and fit perfectly :D
I would recommend him any day

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Hi there ,

I have this calipers to fit on my audi A3 PD 130 , I want to fit them with the 312/25mm , where i can find the brackets or caliper adaptor to my carriers?

Cheers

are the carriers built into the hub on this model?

if so they wont fit, as youll need cupra hubs with the detachable carriers matey:(

cwiseh_seat

dave brown on ukmk1vs sells them mate...

usual price of 120 quid delivered, i have them for my 996 carrera rears, great piece of kit

brilliant guy aswell. i have his tel number, if you want it ill pm you or look on ukm1vs for daveb1970 i think it is....

james, does this mean you used 996 C2 rears instead of the boxster 2.7 fronts? I take it that these are pretty much exactly the same caliper......

Regards, Chris.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
thats right, 996 carrera 2 rears, same as boxster fronts.

problem with fronts being the bleed nipples will be the wrong way up for the lc application with the boxter being mounted on the rears of the discs....

cwiseh_seat

yeh i thought that, whereas the rears will work perfectly because they are leading fitment on the back of the 996 :) So the caliper adaptors from awesome or pure motorsport will work fine??

Thanks for your help mate, you dont know how long ive been trawling the internet trying to find somebody thats already done the same conversion im doing!

Regards, Chris.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
yep thats right, did mine a month ago ish.

the adaptors from awesome are nearly double the price of dave browns.

what car have you got?

glad to help with any info you need for this conversion.... i had mine done all in for £500

cwiseh_seat

yep thats right, did mine a month ago ish.

the adaptors from awesome are nearly double the price of dave browns.

what car have you got?

glad to help with any info you need for this conversion.... i had mine done all in for £500

they're going on an Audi TT 225. I've had a quick look for this Dave Brown but i cant find him anywhere, do you have a link to any of his brackets on the bay? I noticed you have a p-torque map, do you live in the midlands then?

i've got the calipers, just painting them at the mo. Got some goodridge stainless lines aswell, will these connect to the calipers ok? What banjo bolts did you use?

Regards, Chris.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
which fitment goodridge do you have?

what size discs are you running on the tt 225? do they not have brembos as standard?

daveb1970 username on ukmkv1s

live in nottinghamshire, travelled to p-torque from recommendations

i had lines from badger5 on here, stainless throughout, vag to brembo connections

aslong as the goodridge are m10x1.5mm connections they will be fine.

cwiseh_seat

i bought these mate: http: //cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190301597391

the 225 has 312mm discs as standard, which mate to the boxster calipers fine :), standard calipers are 1 pot vag parts bin crap.

what banjo bolts did you use to connect the ends of the stainless lines to the actual caliper?

Regards, Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
not sure if they will fit mate tbh, the connection to your brake lines will but the connection to the calipers will be differsnt, i didnt use banjo bolts, the lines were made to fit the brembos.... 50 quid aswell from badger 5.

spawns3

Hi mate, I got a set of carriers from a guy called Dave Brown, he was selling them on ebay but will send them free of charge to members. They look brilliant and fit perfectly :D
I would recommend him any day

Hi , can u give-me the link of the auction in ebay ? or any shop where buy it .

Cheers

spawns3

are the carriers built into the hub on this model?

if so they wont fit, as youll need cupra hubs with the detachable carriers matey:(

I don't know , my car is from 1999 , but i put the carriers and hubs from A3 PD 130hp , the carriers it's the same from audi s3 but the calipers are diferent and the discs size are 288/22mm.
I think i only need the brackets to mount the porsche calipers on my carriers .

Cheers

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
I don't know , my car is from 1999 , but i put the carriers and hubs from A3 PD 130hp , the carriers it's the same from audi s3 but the calipers are diferent and the discs size are 288/22mm.
I think i only need the brackets to mount the porsche calipers on my carriers .

Cheers

if the carriers are seperate from the carriers then youll be okay, but you need 312mm x 25mm discs for these to fit....

288mm by 22mm wont work on these calipers mate.

spawns3

if the carriers are seperate from the carriers then youll be okay, but you need 312mm x 25mm discs for these to fit....

288mm by 22mm wont work on these calipers mate.

Yes i know , i want to use the 312 x 25 mm of audi s3 !:D

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.