cash to spend, what to buy??

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i've managed to get together £1500 :funk: and i dunno what to spend it on. :shrug:

was thinking about just gettin stage 1 revo done and leaving it at that but, after agonising about it :cartman: i,m fancying a forge fmic and stage 2. do you guys have any other or more productive ways i can liven up my beeza? my current mods are listed in my sig.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
downpipe and fmic. Then save for stage 2.

No point goin to stage 2 if you havent got a downpipe, well in fact you shouldnt.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
cheers lads, must admit i did think about ko3s, fmic, downpipe and sports cat with the remap but didn't think it'd be possible on my budget! although i may stretch to about £1800 plus i'll be fitting everything myself.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
stg1
downpipe/sports cat
FMIC
Forge TIP

you may aswell get the stg1 now if you can afford it on your budget as the upgrade to stg2 is only £50 and you would be paying £500+ for stg2 anyway. Everybodys going on about getting the k03s but wouldnt it be a good idea to uprate the suspnsion and brakes before we go warp speed?

David.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Dont bother with a k03s, its a waste of time.

A well set up k03 with handling mods will be just as quick as a car with a k03s.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Dont bother with a k03s, its a waste of time.

A well set up k03 with handling mods will be just as quick as a car with a k03s.

Do you regret getting your k03s now then phil? Hope not as ive got one next to me being fitted in 2 weeks :)

David.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
well my handling is pretty tight with the koni coillies, powerflex bushes and strut braces which is why i'm lookin for more power. although i'm still running 280mm discs, they're pretty good at scrubbing the speed off so i was gonna wait and get a set of willwoods as my next mod.

so the concensus is to forget ko3s then? from what i hear on here the ko3 starts to struggle a bit at higher revs when the remap is done.

i'm thinking that fmic, tip, dp and cat and stage 2 revo should be more than enough and it should all fall within my budget. hopefully providing a touch over 200 gee gees!!?

do you think that is realistic?

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
sorry supa dupa, i didn't mean to!!!!! :whistle:

like i said, i am slightly dubious that the ko3 will perform. :shrug:

anyone else on here running the same spec as i'm wanting? i'm torn on whether to ko3s or not!! :confused:

a couple of other opinions would be appreciated!!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
well my handling is pretty tight with the koni coillies, powerflex bushes and strut braces which is why i'm lookin for more power. although i'm still running 280mm discs, they're pretty good at scrubbing the speed off so i was gonna wait and get a set of willwoods as my next mod.

so the concensus is to forget ko3s then? from what i hear on here the ko3 starts to struggle a bit at higher revs when the remap is done.

i'm thinking that fmic, tip, dp and cat and stage 2 revo should be more than enough and it should all fall within my budget. hopefully providing a touch over 200 gee gees!!?

do you think that is realistic?

Your pull near 210/20bhp if its set up right ive hit 224 and phil has hit 226 on stg1 (running stg2 now so not sure now) IIRC with pretty much the same mods as you have/getting. I had my wilwoods fitted yesterday quite impressed by them they dont throw you threw the screen like my mates brembos but certinatly work well when you want them to got a very standard feel to them. I think every one has there own opinion about the k03s ill share mine soon :)

David.

That was aimed at phil mate lol. To be honest if i get a extra 20bhp from the k03s for £250 fitted whos to grumble.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
mmm maybe i'll just go stage one just now then!! i'm getting even more confused!!

any input or advice on this wee spending spree is appreciated! i'll keep you all informed on how it's going!

cheers bryan

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
i dunno if i'd manage to get rear spacers on wi my alloys tbh. i'm still getting rubbing due to the drop i've got on her. can't remember what offset they are but it's tight. what size spacers u running phil?

could be doing with raising her a bit though coz my exhaust is still hitting the rear beam. god the list of jobs is getting longer!! ha ha

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I'm running 15mm eibach ones like a lot of people here, like you said i had to raise mine quite a bit which i hated doing, lol, but it steadied up the handling loads, to be honest its one of the best mods i've done.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.