Cd Changer And Mp3 Usage

cupra87

Guys

Best Mate Has A 2002 Audi TT Which Somehow Manges To INcorporate Both Cd Changer And Mp3 Input??

Can This Be Duplicated On The Standard Aura Head Unit Or Is It One Or The Other?

Thanks

lyceum

Yeah would not mind knowing myself as want a new head unit so can plug in my mp3 player but not lose the cd changer.

cupra87

sorted

the answer to your problem is simple.
gain make and model of cd changer, and grab a connecting lead whether it be a kenwood 16 pin or alpine 10 pin etc...

then cd changer will still work as well as having an mp3 in :p

lyceum

ah ok, thanks.
Surely you would need a head unit that can control the cd changer though, with cd select controls, etc?

cupra87

cd changer

yeah it would need to be compatible with a cd changer but it would explain this in the features brochure given. speak to halfords and find a headunit you like, with cd changer compatability, and then look on the net. guarantee the same unit is about £50 cheaper :p

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
This thread is all over the place :headhurt:

I'm guessing the solution was to replace the Aura headunit with a specific, new, aftermarket headunit that had CD changer control and an MP3 input ??

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
Think the original poster was asking if he kept the original head unit is is possible to have an ipod connection AND cd changer together? :think:

Which is somthing i would also like to know as i have no interest in changing my head unit, can get an ipod kit for £30 but you cant have the cd changer connected at the same time

Has anybody got both an ipod connection AND cd changer to their factory Aura head unit?

Cheers
Jose

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Jgy6000 - I take it you when you say an ipod kit you mean a radio frequency ipod kit? As opposed to having a direct input into the Aura headunit?