Center Grille stolen, is the grille the same on all Mk2s?

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
A friend of mine recently went through a similar problem, some scum bags stole the fog lights out of the leon while it was parked up on the street. Must have been looking some because they removed them perfectly, even replaced the covers back, the knew what they were up to.

Makes me glad I've the btcc kit and the fogs aren't easily accessible

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
That's where you're wrong unfortunately. We had a wave of VW and Audi foglights stolen round my area a few months ago.

There's only 3 screws holding in the side grilles on the BTCC Kit. They stole one of my grilles and it actually leaves a huge gap that is perfect to take a foglight out. Gives them better access. They didn't steal my foglight fortunately, as they must've been disturbed whilst doing it.

You may want to think about securing them a bit better - my dad secured mine and sometimes he can't take it off for **** if I need to change my foglight bulbs, haha.

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Can't believe someone stole your grille.

I'd have a look on here and see if there were any other posts about someone needing a grille ;)

Glad you got it sorted though mate.

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
Got the grille in... eventually.

Had to try twice.
Definitely not the easiest grille to remove!
Especially in the dark.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news - when I put it in the clip on one side broke.
I think it was because I didn't pull it in properly at the bottom before pushing in the grille.
But I got it in and with the other clip it still stays in place.

Good news - I found a few bits that must have broken off my original grille.
So now at least I know that whoever stole my grille got a broken one :)

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Well at least you got round to replacing it and you don't have a huge hole in the front of your car any longer :).

Even though a clip is broken it certainly won't budge. They are very tough things those front grilles!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.