Central locking intermittent issue

JohnnyR1Red

Jun 13, 2009
I have an issue with my FR's central locking, it usually works fine but randomly the fob stops working, I get no red light when pressing and the car doesn't open. The key will usually unlock the car though. This has been going on for about a year, I can normally fix it by removing the battery and putting it back in, I've tried replacing the battery too.

It happened again this morning, however, this time turning the key did not activate the central locking and I was locked out. I had no light on the fob so tried new a battery but it still wouldn't open. I thought that was it, it had finally packed in but tried removing the battery and cleansing the fob one last time and it opened. It is working perfectly again now.

I'm so frustrated this morning, I've booked it in to Seat dealer but they will charge £95 just to look at it.

Anyone offer any advice on this, how much am I looking at if the system needs to be replaced?

Thanks

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I have an issue with my FR's central locking, it usually works fine but randomly the fob stops working, I get no red light when pressing and the car doesn't open. The key will usually unlock the car though. This has been going on for about a year, I can normally fix it by removing the battery and putting it back in, I've tried replacing the battery too.

It happened again this morning, however, this time turning the key did not activate the central locking and I was locked out. I had no light on the fob so tried new a battery but it still wouldn't open. I thought that was it, it had finally packed in but tried removing the battery and cleansing the fob one last time and it opened. It is working perfectly again now.

I'm so frustrated this morning, I've booked it in to Seat dealer but they will charge £95 just to look at it.

Anyone offer any advice on this, how much am I looking at if the system needs to be replaced?

Thanks
Hi mate I had this issue in lockdown but unfortunately my key fob just stopped working out the blue even tho the red light was flashing etc. I got a auto locksmith to come over to my house to program me a new key fob after he tested it all with his equipment etc. The total was £130.00 Inc vat for 1 brand new key fob which i was happy with as it could have cost a lot more.
Id cancel your dealer booking and google a auto locksmith in your area.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Drivers door lock module I think mate is the anti jack door locking working when you drive off? . I am about to replace driver lock for third time. Same symptoms for me. Key fob won't work and have to use key, lock feels. Laboured when unlocking with key and key would only unlock the drivers door without central locking working. Eventually I couldn't open the door previously from inside or outside. Luckily at the time I was inside the car and I had the door card off at the time so whacked the lock and luckily it eventually opened the door from the inside. There is a wd40 and drill Fix on here and tube if it is the lock and you wanted to try that but even that isn't working for me now. It could be something different but that's my best guess. Tbh I would take it to seat or a garage and if it is indeed the lock and happens again you can self replace.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
To add at the start it was only in certain weather so there's a pattern to look for.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise