Central Locking - Pump Stopped Working

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Just been out to my car and realised that the drivers door doesn't lock when the car is locked with the central locking - so i'm thinking that it could just be the pipe/ hose has become disconnected behind the door card???
Where do these hoses run etc in the doors, so I have some idea as to what I'm going to be looking at doing tomorrow

Cheers
Ollie

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Rite
On further inspection its actually my whole central locking that isnt working :(
Am I right in thinking the pump is in the rear offside quarter.
Has anyones pump ever packed in before?
Cheers
Ollie

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Yep it's in the corner. The damp got to a pump on my 6n. Took it apart and re-soldered and cleaned up all the joints, worked fine after that. Not sure if it's the same pump though?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Just got back to home and I'm taking the carpet out now - so will report back with what I find

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Taken the pump and actuator out, completely dead when the locking is turned on and off

DSCF1163Medium.jpg

DSCF1164Medium.jpg

Have checked the fuse and thats all ok.
Am going to see if I can get a multimetre on it and see what I'm getting
edit - Am getting 0.4V change when pressing the lock/unlock button - is this my problem?
Ollie

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Gah, that's totally different to the Polo one. Multimeter is probably a good start - see if any voltage is going to the pump when you lock/unlock.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
does to me :)

there's a thread somewhere with the wiring layout you could use to test it with

you should get 'some' action out of it as it's self pressure regulated

if it's short pump could be blocked up line somewhere but if it keeps going 30sec odd then there is a leak

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
The pump does nothing at all - nothing!!!
Does that mean its just the pump thats juggered
- Did a search but found nothing :(

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Dad took the pump apart while I was upstairs having a kip and managed to fix it!!!
Said that there aer two prongs on a circuit board which need to make contact with the side of the pump. He bent these slightly to make sure contact was being made and voila!!

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Pump weights sweet FA mate, really flimsy plastic.
As for the string it fixed onto the fixing bracket at one end, and then the actuator pin at the other, pulling on the pump as it has its action.

Ollie

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
strings for the emergency fuel flap release ?

jenk just think how heavy all that plastic pipe would be if all piled up mind ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.