Central Locking pump

jabbo

Hey all,

Apologies if this seems like a dumb question, but I'm pretty new to Seats. Basically the central locking motor on my cordoba has packed up. Seeing as not many Cordoba's come up for spares etc, I was wondering if the motor is shared with any other models to increase my chances of finding one? Don't really want to main main dealer prices if I can help it, I'd rather just keep opening the doors one at a time. :D

Cheers in advance

jabbo

It just makes a kind of clicking/whirring noise, but doesn't activate the locks. The only way I can get it to stop is to disconnect the pin plug from it.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
then it's working fine and there's a leak somewhere in the system

they work on pressure regulation as in it will push air down all the pipes until a certain pressure is reached then it will shut off

disconnect the pipes and check them by fitting them one by one

favourites are a knackered fuel flap motor (red?) or a popped open boot solenoid seal (blue?)

can't remember the exact colours but follow the pipe up and test each circuit you'll soon figure out what one is the leak

it will be pneumatic so there isn't really a schematic available as such

the motor may work but it's pressure sensitive

easiest way i have found to test them is dosconnecting all the hoses and operating the motor both lock/unlock and in doing so it will run for a while until you blobk the pipe off that way you know as a base line it's ok

add each pipe in turn to test each supply line and i think if you have a search i worked out the colours to what lock etc but ill look and see (found it)

from the junction in the OSR 1/4 (behind the rear lamp)

red is fuel flap solenoid (common to leak)
blue is doors
black is boot lock
green is supply from motor to junction pipe

any one of those seals split/broke or incorrectly working and the motor will go all day doing nothing

found an old post

Last edited:

jabbo

Cheers for that mate.

I've had a closer look at it and it appears the pipe coming out of the pump has split inside. I'll look into fixing it.

Thanks again. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise