Centre Resonator/Silencer/Box Delete

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
So I’m toying with the idea of getting the centre box delete on my Cupra 290 because I want it to be a bit louder but I don’t want it to be stupidly loud.
does anyone know if it makes it a lot of a little louder?
It’s also a lease car, I mean as long as I put the box back on before it goes back I guess it shouldn’t be a problem?

Oliver Stapleton

Oct 19, 2019
Worksop
Not sure about yours but on mine, I had to cut the cat-back in half... Sure they probably wouldn't notice. With regards to sound without a de-cat, it should just liven the car up a bit. I had a de-cat and res-delete and it was rowdy to say the least.

Reactions: George Vinten

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Not sure about yours but on mine, I had to cut the cat-back in half... Sure they probably wouldn't notice. With regards to sound without a de-cat, it should just liven the car up a bit. I had a de-cat and res-delete and it was rowdy to say the least.
Yeah that’s all I’m looking for is just a bit more sound, cos you can hear it from inside but not all that much, the few pops and bangs are too quiet for me.
I think I’ll give it a go and see what it sounds like??

Oliver Stapleton

Oct 19, 2019
Worksop
Yeah that’s all I’m looking for is just a bit more sound, cos you can hear it from inside but not all that much, the few pops and bangs are too quiet for me.
I think I’ll give it a go and see what it sounds like??

I can sell you my old one if you want it? (Pre OPF)
Pretty sure all pre-OPF ones are the same...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.